cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harmony Remote + Ignite (Xi6-T)

I've Been Here Awhile

I've been running through a load of different threads, but I haven't found one single person with the Ignite TV box that I have; the Xi6-T box. Everyone keeps noting that they have the Xi6-A, but not the 'T' model.

In any case, I've tried syncing my Xi6-T box to my Harmony remote and it's completely failing; no responses, no controls sync, nothing. I've tried the following devices:

• Xi6-A
  • Comcast N1
  • Xfinity X1

I've also tried manually syncing and mapping buttons...again, nothing. Any help would be appreciated!

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Harmony Remote + Ignite (Xi6-T)

JRandell
I Plan to Stick Around

You are certainly correct.  I have placed my hub on top of the Ignite box and can confirm that the remote is now working as intended. 

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@124578963 wrote:

I've been running through a load of different threads, but I haven't found one single person with the Ignite TV box that I have; the Xi6-T box. Everyone keeps noting that they have the Xi6-A, but not the 'T' model.

Xi6-T??  Is this an Xi6 made by Technicolor?  What is this device's FCC ID (and long version of the Model number) on the bottom label?

I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah, Xi6-T haha seemed to be the odd one out from all my searching

FCC ID: VUITX061AEI

Here's the FCC reference page:  https://fccid.io/VUITX061AEI

A quick look at some of the details indicates that this box is Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) capable.  I don't know if the XI6-A is DFS capable.  In any event, with DFS capability, for those users who run this box in a crowded 5 Ghz wifi environment, this give them the ability to run in the middle 5 Ghz band and possibly use 160 Mhz channels if the XB6 supports DFS and 160 Mhz wide channels.  

The data also shows Advanced HDR capable although I haven't read thru all of the info to see what particular HDR spec is supported. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@124578963 wrote:

Yeah, Xi6-T haha seemed to be the odd one out from all my searching

FCC ID: VUITX061AEI

Interesting.  Here's the entry in the FCC Database: https://fcc.io/VUI/TX061AEI

The Arris Xi6-A is: https://fcc.io/ACQ/-XI6

I can't find any other information on the "Pegatron" variant of the Xi6.  The Xi6-T was submitted for certification at roughly the same time as the Xi6-A, so they have both been around for a while.  You would also think (hope?) that all versions of the Xi6 would use the same IR codes and if there were any functional differences, that there would have been lots of discussions on the Internet.

The only other frequent comment about using Logitech remotes and the Xi6 is that you need to have the remote (or IR blaster) pointed directly at the Xi6.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1. What is the model number of the Harmony? (does it use a "hub"?)

2. Does it control your other equipment properly?

3. Have you tried getting really close to the box, rather than from across the room?

4. Make sure you don't have any IR interference issues as discussed in the following thread:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/14-hdtv-high-definition-television-including-lcd-plasma/64463-your-...

I've Been Here Awhile

1. What is the model number of the Harmony? (does it use a "hub"?)

It's the Harmony Companion, remote plus the Hub.

2. Does it control your other equipment properly?

Perfectly. I just switched off of Bell Fibe and everything there integrated seamlessly/perfectly.

3. Have you tried getting really close to the box, rather than from across the room?

Yes. I sat directly in front of it as well and literally nothing from any button at all.

4. Make sure you don't have any IR interference issues as discussed in the following thread:

There is no other interference.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

5. When you programmed the Harmony did you start "fresh" or add it instead of the Bell box?  Perhaps try from scratch. It doesn't take very long if you have the makes/model numbers of all the equipment handy.

6. After the programming in the computer did the synch to the remote complete properly?

7. You say everything worked when with Bell but does the Harmony control the equipment properly now (other than the Rogers box)? What other equipment do you have besides the TV?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I havent set up a harmony with a hub before, but the hub is using IR to the boxes?

I would think it should be the same as just the remote.
Which i have tested and worked with the comcast X1.
But that may be with the earlier model box? (I am not home, but guessing I have the A as I was an early adopter) Dont know if it changed for a later revision maybe.

AccordXTC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Just to add to this conversation. 

The Harmony Companion remote itself has no IR control. The only IR control can be done from the hub itself or IR blasters that plug into the hub. The Harmony Companion is kind of a stripped down version of the Elite.  Make sure the Rogers Ignite box has line of sight to the hub or IR blaster and that you've setup in the programing which to use to control the Rogers Ignite, hub or IR blaster.

I can confirm that the Harmony Hub will control the new Rogers Ignite set top box.  In the Harmony app, setup your Ignite box as an Arris Xi6-A (the iR codes are the same as the Xi6-T).  The Rogers box is very finicky for iR reception, I have my placed back and to the left of my Harmony Hub.  You may have better luck using the iR blaster cable attached directly to the front of the Rogers Ignite set top box.

JRandell
I Plan to Stick Around

I am in the same situation as you and unfortunately none of the Harmony remotes will work.  All Ignite remotes us the Rf signal and harmony only works with IR.  To test this for yourself, hold your ignite remote with one hand over the front and turn on/off your TV and change channels.  As you will see, it work and is using the RF (radio frequency) channel.  Until Rogers or Harmony can find a fix for this we are all stuck with the Ignite Remotes. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JRandell wrote:

I am in the same situation as you and unfortunately none of the Harmony remotes will work.  

As discussed in this and other threads on the Harmony remotes, they work just fine with Ignite because Ignite can accept both IR and RF.  Of course the Ignite TV box needs to be "line of sight" for Harmony remotes to work, or the hub needs to be close to the Ignite TV box.  If it's not working for you, then you likely have something configured incorrectly.  Do a search for "harmony" in the Ignite forum here to view additional threads.

JRandell
I Plan to Stick Around

You are certainly correct.  I have placed my hub on top of the Ignite box and can confirm that the remote is now working as intended. 

reed935
I Plan to Stick Around

I use the Harmony 665 (which I believe is IR) using the Rogers Xi6-A model (although I also have the Xi6-T box).  All commands seem to work just fine, although I need to point the remote directly at, and below, the box location.

Yeah, while it does support IR.. i think its IR receiver is VERY small.

krist8
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, it works on my Harmony Hub. I added a new entertainment device, name is Rogers, and model  Xi6-T. I had to put the IR blaster right next very close to it, and I am just 14 ft away.

Bobby7903
I've Been Around

I had the same situation. I was going back and forth to the Harmony site & the internet trying to find the answer, in desperation I placed the Xi6-T box behind my Harmony Hub on the T.V. stand and lo and behold everything now works. Changing channels too!

14N
I Plan to Stick Around

Adding Ignite (Xi6-T) in Harmony hub

I just installed ignite coming from Bell. I am trying to add the Ignite PVR in my Harmony hub.

I tried Rogers and model Xi6-T and TX061AEI and synced it but it's not working.

Also there is no on-demand button on ignite remote?

My ignite is connected to Denon X3500H AVR, I can't pair the remoter also

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@14N : It looks like your post was moved to this existing thread. The Harmony hub will work just fine if properly programmed and the hub is placed close to the Ignite Box. See posts 11, 13, etc.

The Harmony when properly programmed should also be able to control your AVR.

If you're talking about programming the Rogers Remote to control the AVR, the instructions are outlined via the following link for TV and Audio Device setup.

https://www.urcsupport.com/rogers/

14N
I Plan to Stick Around

@57  Thanks. I did put the Ignite box behind the Harmony hub and it works. I tried the hub on top of the box and it did not work.

I am just wondering why it needs to be that close in order for it to work.

I just pair the remote to my TV so that I can control volume of the AVR via TV

Is there no dedicated button for on demand on ignite remote?

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 15 in conversation