Hardware upgrade credit for Z10

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hardware upgrade credit for Z10

Hey guys,

Do you know if Rogers is giving hardware upgrade credits for customers on BB Z10?  Just wondering .....

Supposedly I'm eligible for a hardware upgrade .... just not sure if that can be applied to a Z10.  Thanks

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Hardware upgrade credit for Z10

Hello Toronto_User

If you mean the early upgrade fee? Then yes you must tho contact Rogers to see what they can do.

As for the price of the phone. When you go to the store & get the upgrade done, they will say its $189.99 BUT they will give you a mail in rebate for to send it for the $50 to be taken down. So in the end you will pay $139.99 for the phone
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Meowmix for the quick reply!!!

I assumed $139.99 is the standard cost and that a $50 credit would be applied on top of that.  I guss I'm wrong on that??

Does that mean ... a new customer (or an existing customer without harware upgrade eligibllity) will have to pay $189.99?

Thanks again

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Toronto_User

That is correct. Rogers adds another $50 ontop of the phone price & THEN gives you the mail in rebate to do it & get that $50 off.

A New customer will pay $139.99 as they are not getting that rebate. ONLY current customers will.
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry I'm kind of new to this ... so asking all these questions  Smiley Happy

Rogers has been telling me that I qualify for a hardware upgrade for sometime now because I been using the same Bold 9700 for three years; but I didn't want to upgrade and waited for Z10. 

But if a new customer & an existing customer getting the same pricing (after all discounts factored in) ... then whats the point of having a hardware upgrade then?     Maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Toronto_user

Rogers just makes things really different. Both will get the same price BUT current customers can get a better deal when signing up again with Rogers.

Rogers has something called " Hardware upgrade fee" You are speaking of this. When you want to get a new phone with the old upgrade, you had to pay a upgrade fee + the phone price + admin fee. So Rogers told you, you do not have to pay the upgrade fee & you are eligible to get a hardware upgrade. This means you ONLY pay the $189.99 ( with the $50 rebate).

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Toronto and Meow...

I just went through exactly all of this yesterday when I upgraded to the Z10. I have the mail in rebate here to send. I also spoke to customer relations, or retentions - whatever the name is lol - and, being a long time customer, will have the early upgrade fee credited back in the next billing cycle or two. Not sure about the $35 activation fee though. If you ever talk to them, make sure you get an 'interaction #' from them - in case you ever need to refer back to that conversation with the rep.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jvictor77

I always record the convo & always keep the interaction number with me!. This way nothing happens.

As for the $35 admin fee. Rogers does NOT waive that at all.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks guys for the follow up emails.

I ended up calling the Customer Retention department yesterday afternoon .... and got a decent discount.  The guy on the other end was reasonable.

-$50 discount ($35 fee towards the administrative fee and a $15 one time discount)

-$26 discount (they are waving the early cancellation fee - My original three year contract expires on March 12th 2013)

-$50 mail in rebate (this is the standard rebate they are expecting customers to mail in). 

-An upgrade on data plan & minutes for free.

All of this should be credited within two billing cycles.  I think it is a reasonable offer; after all I been with them for over 15 years!!!   The key is to talk to the customer retention people; not to the front line billing support.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Toronto_User

That is a pretty good Deal!. Great on your end:)>