Hardware upgrade-No confirmation email

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Hardware upgrade-No confirmation email

Hi there,

So i'm new here an don't really know if this is the right place to post this kind of concern !

I called rogers for an hardware upgrade on Friday the june 7th for an upgrade to the Samsung galaxy s4 and i was told that the order has been proceed and that i would get a confirmation email ( my sistter upgraded to and she got an email form rogers) and i'll get my phone in 3 to 5 business days. But here's the thing, I HAVE NEVER GOT THAT CONFIRMATION EMAIL and today is the 4th business days. I called Rogers CSR and they said everything was fine in the system.

Here're my questions :

Do you think that the confirmation email is mandatory and so not getting it means that there's a glitch somewhere ?

Do you know if the 5 business days are just the time they need to SHIP my order so there will be some additional time for the DELIVERY or is it the DELIVERY estimated time ?

My topic is long but i'm so angry at Rogers since i dont have a phone and they all have different version dependig on who you talk to

Thanks

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Hardware upgrade-No confirmation email

Are both phones on the same 'account'? then only one email would go out for confirmation.

Rogers has your correct email on file to send it too? their emails for these things are not necessarily your rogers email if you use one).

When you call in, what do they say other than the 'its ok?'.. do they have a shipping status, etc?

I've Been Here Awhile

She is the account holder but she upgraded a week before me so I suppose I should have got an email about my upgrade since both weren't done in the same week.

Yep they have my correct email address because I applied for my 50 $ rebate when getting a galaxy s4 and I got an email saying it would be applied as a credit on my next bill !

They say they can't provide any shipping status so no way to find out

thanks for answering

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, if you got that email.. should be set up right..

Its odd that they dont have a shipping status.. there should be SOME record of that.. how do THEY, let alone YOU track the shipment (to make sure it wasnt lost, etc).

This is one reason, that for anything HARDWARE related on my account.. i always like going to the store.. can put my HAND on the device.

I Plan to Stick Around

I did hardware upgrade exact the same date as you. June 7, and I never get any confirmation email. I called again on June 11th, the rep told me everything was fine. "No confirmation email until the product ship out.". I then search online and notice I shall get an email about the order. Then on 14th, I called again. Then the agent told me their system was having problem, actually no request went through and I shall get an email confirmation. Well, means the agent told me on 11th just tried to finish the call asap and randomly made some excuse such as the confirmation email will only send out when the phone is shipped.

I got an email confirmation on 14th about my upgrade and I am still waiting for the phone delivery email now. Hopefully I don't have to call again and found out the request didn't go through again.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Icefire

It seems like the system had issues and either didn't let ur upgrade go threw the first time or the rep never put it properly.

You should always get a confirmation email when doing a hardware upgrade over the phone. Then it will take 2-5 business days for the device to be sent out.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

If she is the acct holder then she is the one that will get the email. Yours would be a secondary email - the acct holder would get the email to advised them an upgrade is being completed. Have you asked your sister if she got it?
I've Been Here Awhile

New Hardware Delivery

I have ordered a new hardware on Thursday, March 28 and been waiting for a confirmation from your processing department, I need to make a 2nd delivery address and an estimated time of delivery date. 

Hello and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @ccheung_03,

A new phone sounds exciting! Typically an In Stock device takes 3-5 business days to be shipped out. However I do want to remind you to expect a delay due to the Good Friday/Easter long weekend. In addition, an email confirmation is sent out once the order has been processed.

Hope this helps.

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

I haven't got any confirmation about the hardware upgrade, been chatting with a couple of different rep and everyone keep telling me once it's shipped you should be getting a confirmation.

How do I know the phone is actually ordered and in process.