HTC Waiver form not working - and my 3g keeps getting disconnected

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

HTC Waiver form not working - and my 3g keeps getting disconnected

Any one have any luck filling out the HTC waiver form?

https://your.rogers.com/web_auth/HTCwaiver.asp

I have a HTC Magic with Android 2.2 and have had my 3g data become disconnected 7 times in the past 2 months (since I got the phone). It went down again today and when I contacted tech support they directed me to the waiver form - saying that rogers scans their network and disconnects Android devices that are not running an OS version that they like (something to do with the 911 issue). I try to fill it in but it says "• Please enter a valid wireless number." 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm Here A Lot

Re: HTC Waiver form not working - and my 3g keeps getting disconnected

I should also mention that every time I lose my 3g connection and convince a rogers tech to refresh my network connection the connection comes back up and works good until the next time rogers scans my phone and determines that I am not compliant. I don't think I should have to sign the waiver (because I have a version of OS that is not affected by the 911 bug) but will sign it to get out of this repetitive cycle of calling in every week or so to get reconnected.
Retired Moderator RogersJonathan
Retired Moderator

Hello greg0ire,

Welcome to Rogers community and thanks for joining our forums!

You Have taken the correct steps to resolve this issue.

Any users of the following model:   HTC Magic or HTC Dream running Custom Firmware from Android 1.6 - 2.2 will need to follow the same step you are following.

You will need to visit the the following site as mention above.

• Fill out your serial number
  • Wireless number
  • Email address
  • Agree to terms in condition

In the case that you getting any issue doing the following. I suggest you call our Technical Support line at 1-866-931-DATA.

As this issue will need to be escalated to Second Level Support. They will need to manually enter your information in.

Network Refresh will not be permitted for this issue as this Is against our policy for an Issue like this, we want to make sure you are able to call 911 incase of an emergency.

I'm Here A Lot

I just talked to another support rep. This is related to Master ticket PT00016714. Lots of users are having the same issue. Not allowing a network refresh for an issue that is on your end seems like a mean and stupid policy. I pay for network access and don't expect interruptions because you cant figure out a database issue (or whatever it is that prevents me from filling out the waiver form)

I'm Here A Lot

How long does it take to figure out a webform issue? I am still waiting.
I've Been Here Awhile

So I'm about to upgrade my ancient Dream running 1.5 with 2.2 to resolve issues with the current (post 911 patch) software which keeps dropping data.

But now I have to worry about Rogers purposely dropping my data?

Hey, at least I won't drop voice connection like I do with their "special" software. Smiley Very Happy

edit: I just tried filling the form out and I have an invalid IMEI, The number is identical to the number under the battery (was reading from the product box)

That form is set up to be non-functioning LoL as it rejects most/all IMEI numbers.  I'd attempt to go "2nd teir" as well but I've wasted enough breath today (**bleep** near 50minutes, mostly on hold).

Rogers has screwing DREAM/MAGIC users down to a science, like they practiced it in a lab on mice first.

I've Been Around

greg0ire, I'm in the same situation. I want run Android 2.2 ROM on my HTC Magic without getting my data cut-off. Recent 2.1 update from Rogers was outdated on arrival. Stupid waiver form on Rogers website doesn't work (I get "Invalid serial number" error). I called Rogers Technical support 5 times already, my issue was escalated more than two weeks ago, CSR said that somebody will contact me and nobody did. Every time I call, they tell me that I have to wait a little bit more. I will not be signing another contract with Rogers ever after my current one ends and will be looking to switch wireless carrier altogether. It seems that "Robbers" only care to lock you up into 3 years contract and don't listen to their customers until it ends. So I will wait 2 more days and if this simple issue with HTC Waiver form won't be resolved by then, complains will be sent to the Office of the President and Rogers Ombudsman. Even then I doubt that positive outcome will be reached.

Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Hi greg0ire,

If the webform is not accepting your information we need to escalate this. Call 1866-931-3282 to have it escalated, you will be given a ticket number.

It takes 3-5 business days to have this resolved. Once resolved you will need to remove and re-insert your device battery to have it fully activate.

After the 3-5 business day period, I have seen cases where the APN needs to be reconfigured in the device, this can be accomplished by doing the following:

Setting->Wireless & Network Settings->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names

You will see a Rogers APN listed, delete that APN (Enter the APN, hit Menu, Delete APN)

In the APN Menu, hit the menu key, select New APN

Fill in only the following fields with the information provided:

Name: Rogers Internet

APN: Internet.com

Username: wapuser1

Password: wap

Hit the Menu key, select Save, you will be returned to the APN screen with your newly created APN listed.

Remove you battery and re-insert it, once back on you should be able to browse (give it a minute or so once at the main menu). If it is still giving you issues try another battery pull/ delete all APNs listed and try setting it up again.

If you have any more trouble let us know,

I'm Here A Lot

I wish it were truly only 3 - 5 days. I just talked to tech support Shehzad who informed me that it will take 7 - 10 days from escalation to have this resolved. So here I am waiting a little bit more and feeling more and more like man_alone above. 

Retired Moderator RogersJean
Retired Moderator

Hi greg0ire,

I made outreach to you last week and left a message with more details. Keep trying the waiver form every so often, if you are still experiencing this issue within the next few days send me a PM so we can get to the bottom of this.