HTC Sensation from Taiwan on Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

HTC Sensation from Taiwan on Rogers?

Hi,

I recently returned from Taiwan to Vancouver; while in Taiwan I bought an HTC Sensation; I thought that since I was able to use my Rogers phone from here for 3G over there the reverse would also be true.  Unfortunately, so far I've only been able to get an EDGE data connection on it.  I did enter the APN information in order to get the EDGE data connection.  But that didn't get me any 3G joy.

Anyone know how I can tell whether there's any hope of getting a 3G connection on this phone here?

Or, am I going to have to switch phones and/or carriers?

******* Edit labels ********

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: HTC Sensation from Taiwan on Rogers?

According to HTC:

"You should be aware that your unlocked Asian device does not support the necessary network bands required by Canadian service providers for3G connectivity. Your device offers support for these specific network bands 900/AWS/2100 MHz for 3G service. You should be able to get voice and data with 2G or EDGE service."

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: HTC Sensation from Taiwan on Rogers?

Yeah unfortunatey in this case, Robelus uses 850/1900 for 3G now. There isn't anything you can do to make it work either.