HTC Raider

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: HTC Raider

Download a app called juice defender. That will also help you save battery. The phone is not that heavy as people make it seem. @dennis. Its a bit think but a little thinker then the iphone 4. Its been over 14 hours and yet my battery has not died on 4G. I will not be testing it on LTE seeing as the plans are expensive at the moment. I might look around for a screen protector.
I Plan to Stick Around

you guys are tempting me to jump ship. I may look to go to a rogers store at lunch to see. between the rave reviews and the fact that this iphone 3g i have borrowed is driving me insane..... heck i might just get it and not talk on it and if the sgs comes in, do the swap. have to see if there is also a data restriction on how much use the phone can have before you bring it back.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm not too concerned about cases as much as a screen protector, there's ones online but I kinda want to wait until actual accessories come out
I Plan to Stick Around

Bell has a case that comes with a screen protector on their website.  I ordered one.  Needless to say I wasn't too shocked to see Bell with this already and nothing on Rogers website for cases or screen protectors yet.

I Plan to Stick Around

Just went to Bell and tested out the Raider.  Seems like a very solid phone.  The wife and I might just go ahead and grab it tonight.  It's a shame that I'm stuck on Rogers because the salesman at Bell was very helpful and knew a lot about the phone.  Can't say the same for the Rogers store rep who didn't even know that they had the phone in stock.

I Plan to Stick Around

just picked up my raider from the eaton's centre. still palying around with it/learning it/etc but all i can say so far is that this phone is SICK. the colours are sick, screen is sharp, very fast, nice ui, not as heavy as it would seem, solid build and overall feels great

I Plan to Stick Around

can anyone who's purchased the HTC raider run a similar benchmark test as the one done here by dan at mobilesyrup?

the scores really deter me from this phone and makes me wonder if it really is truly this good?

not to mention the amount of ram that is used up on the stock phone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpx1ob67_ss

I've already read the touchwiz is more friendly to another launcher while the senseui doesn't allow for it?

I Plan to Stick Around

yeah sense is fully integrated into the rom (kinda like motoblur). Touchwiz stays as more of a launcher/overlay and thats all
I Plan to Stick Around

There's a second page of accessories on bell and they have shields on sale and few different case options

I Plan to Stick Around

@Kid_icarus

Someone commented about that on the video.

"If you're wondering why the benchmarks are so low, it's because the second core doesn't actually kick in until it's needed to save battery. Check out the XDA sensation forums, there is a kernel that unlocks the second core."