HTC Raider

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider

Ok the issue with returning it is my usage says 113 weekend and 36 weekday. There us no way I've used that since last Thursday since I was in Seattle til Monday and didn't talk at all until this Tuesday. Is there a way for them to see my usage since last Thursday?

The back also got some scuff wear on the metal plate from sliding and a small ding on the plastic bezel before I got a cover for it, but I can't see that being an issue since I can just keep the same phone from processing a return and signing a new agreement with the same device.
I Plan to Stick Around

I would call Rogers and ask for an itemized list of numbers called and for how long.  If there is no way you could have made the calls you may be a victim of fraud.  Don't take no for an answer, expect to be transfered several times and you will have to set aside at least an hour or more for a resolution.  They should be able to tell where you were and to whom you called.  Let them know why you are interested (cheaper phone) as they can give up to a fifty dollar goodwill credit on your account.  Hope that helps.

I Plan to Stick Around

I think what us showing is more than the last 10 days, as I looked at my call history and it was 20 min.

The store I got it from cancelled the previous one for 99 and processed a new one for 25 effective today.

Now I just have to ask a CSR why I don't see either charges on my card yet.
I Plan to Stick Around

Sounds like it is working out, good news!

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider [Calendar / Maps, driving directions]

Quick question(s), kinda general and not necessarily related directly to the Raider.

Calendar

When I add a new calendar entry on my phone, what settings must I have in order for this to AUTOMATICALLY try and sync to the google calendar right away?

-Under Accounts & Sync, I have Background Data box CHECKED; Auto-Sync is UNCHECKED because it freezes up the sync when it's checked, and once I forgot to disable the mobile data and left the phone in my bag, dropbox ran up the mobile data usage 100MB.

-Right now, I have to manually "sync" the calendar to make sure that it will push it to google calendar from my phone, otherwise I have no idea when it decides to syn on it's own.

Maps / Navigation: Very confusing...

1.When I open a contact and click on their address, it opens "Locations". When I click the car icon, it gives me a popup saying "you need the following navigation license to accomplish this trip" - CANADA [with options, Buy, voucher, Syn licence, cancel]
-Anyone know if this is a free license or not?  I do have to say that the map here looks awesome in 3D and it's nice to have offline maps; apparently this is Tom Tom's partnership with HTC.

2.If I open a calendar entry (using native calendar app) and click on the address, same thing; goes to Locations and then from there the same story with the license, etc, etc..

3.If I open a calendar entry in Business Calendar free version (awesome calendar app if you ask me), it gives you a choice on what app to open it with (Maps, Waze); then from there I can select Navigate (blue triangle) which is free.

** Help, can someone tell me if I can change the default behaviour so that it opens up Navigation instead of Locations??

Latest google map upgrade killed my Navigation (blue triangle icon).

-Before, I could start navigate with data on (wifi or mobile), after it calculated the route, I would turn data off and it worked fine. With the latest updated to google maps, this NO LONGER works; when I turn off mobile data it gives me "data connection lost" and a black screen, no more routing etc.

** Help!! How do i uninstall the last update to google maps?

Thanks y'all!

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider [Calendar / Maps, driving directions]

"** Help, can someone tell me if I can change the default behaviour so that it opens up Navigation instead of Locations??"

Found this app that will do it: "Select Other Map for HTC". once you install this it wil give you a choice of what to open... it's perfect!!

Just thought I'd share..

Yes, I've gone and done it, I bought a Atrix 4G off Ebay... will check it out, if I like it I will be getting rid of the Raider... too bad so sad. I like the HTC but it's not pocket friendly. Also the Atrix has a separate HDMI out port, AND a dock! 🙂