HTC Raider

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: HTC Raider (Google Nexus)

This is one reason why i sold my Galaxy Nexus. I can not change the memory size & can not add any SD card. This is a fail on their end.
I Plan to Stick Around

This seems to me to be the biggest drawback of the phone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

It is. The Galaxy Nexus is a good phone but for me i rather spend my money for the Raider then the Galaxy nexus. Screen size & PPI do not matter to me. The battery life on my Raider lasted my more then it did on my Nexus & The raider has expanded memory slot for SD card. HTC has excellent support agents as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well it looks like I have another day to decide on which phone is best for me.  When I ordered the Raider they sent an Evo 3D.  I called to let them know and they said to hold on and they would send out the raider.  I said that I would send the Evo right back and I was told to wait until the Raider arrived, even though I wasn't taking it out of the box.  When the Raider arrived I sent the Evo back and the next day sent the Raider back as well, the headphone jack was faulty.  I called rogers and not only would they not send another phone to me, as I had two phones out, they started my 15 days and 30 min talk time when the Evo 3D was delivered.  I want this to be behind me so badly! I just want a phone that works!

I Plan to Stick Around

Ouch, what a bad first experience, hope it gets resolved. **bleep**, every turn, everywhere I read, examples of Rogers' incompetence.. FAIL

I have an issue with my Raider, I think it's the same as yours, the jack is faulty. No matter if I insert the wired headset that came standard with the phone or just headphones, the icon that comes up shows a phone horizontal, with some broken lines under it. I can't make any calls when my headset is plugged in, I just get a loud beep and then it hangs up.

** a VERY loud beep that is, as I use my headset - the volume is low when you talk with someone, but when there is a system sound, it deafens you,  **

**edited for content

I Plan to Stick Around

I feel your pain. I liked the way the phone worked but I need to be able use music and Bluetooth.  Anyone tried the Razr?

Good to know the Mods are reading our posts even if they don't comment, eh @Unlocked?  😉

I Plan to Stick Around

Hahaha, indeed!!

When I got the email with my post, some hadn't been edited... oh well.  

Here is the problem resolved, likely my fault at some point not knowing. I had TTY checked off/enabled, who knows when I did this, must have touched it by mistake. I unchecked it and now all is well, the volume is up, back to normal with the standard headphones.

"TTY mode Enable TTY (Teletypewriter) support for your phone."

Of course, NOTHING else on this function is covered in the manual, and no icon displayed to let you know that's what it means...  All is well and I'm a happy camper again.

I was looking at the RAZR when getting the Raider, it's slim and nice but I read a few bad reviews of it freezing up a lot. Also, it's not LTE, not like *I* would need it, 4G is enough for now. I just find that it feels too light, I like the weight of the Raider.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider (reboots/battery)

Just a FYI:

Last night, the phone rebooted for some reason. I have it programmed to be in sleep mode overnight, and this morning I noticed that it had rebooted; I know this because I put a pin on my SIM, so this morning it was asking me for it. I find that this phone will reboot around 1/week, for no reason, or perhaps when it's overwhelmed (CPU)??

Anyway, I've had it plugged in with a USB cable for 2 hours now, plugged in at 59% battery, now it's at 57%... wth. I noticed on a few occasion that the back of the phone is warmer than normal to the touch, even through the case which I have on it.

I guess the rebooting is not a surprise, I've read that this is a known issue with Android; either the phone will reboot, or you will have to reboot it 1/week so that it works faster/speeds up. I have to say, I've never had to reboot my iPhone 3G, nor my gf and her 4GS (despite the iPhone not being what I want, it has a rock solid OS - locked down likely to avoid exactly what's happening with Android).

Anyone know of a very very small app that tracks the date time each time the phone reboots? Would be good to get a log of this...

Cheers

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider

So I finally caved and got the Raider last week at $99 and now I see it for $25. Why am I not surprised?

So the battery life... It was at 50% the other night when I went to sleep and it drained completely by morning and I could not turn it on until I plugged it in. How is that even possible? Pretty sure I had data connections all turned off so nothing should be draining the battery THAT much while idling for 6 hours.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider

You are still in the 15 swap period. I would go in and ask for the difference in cost.  If they say no then return the device and get another one at the new price.  Fight for what you deserve!

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats