HTC Raider

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider

Yup i was thinking along the same lines, Meowmix.

Gonna go get my raider tomorrow!
I Plan to Stick Around

Can anyone verify that HTC as fixed the issues with their screens having washed out blacks (and washed out everything at low viewing angles) by using IPS technology in this screen (what iPhone uses and comparable to AMOLED from what I'be read so far)?

That and battery life (i find it hard to see how extended batteries will be able to fit in this case design without the back cover looking ridiculous) are my 2 main concerns with getting this phone soon or continuing to wait until the next greatest thing comes out once my contract runs out in 7 months.
I Plan to Stick Around

If I don't hear about my SGS2 by the 18th (I leave for vacation), I'm picking the Raider up. Maybe even sooner. I am currently sitting at 215th in line.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@ amsid. You will love it. The best camerea i have ever used on a phone. The screen is vivid & the colors look amazing clear & real. The phone is amazing with everything i have used so far.

@CP100. The battery life i will give you guys a review on that Tomorrow. I am taking it off the charge tonight & letting it die tomorrow whenever it does. Every phone dies within 7 hours of mid -high use. when i got the raider it was 50% charged. it dies after 5 hours with me using apps, listening to music, emailing, texting, calling & on the internet (4G, HSPA+. I have not yet used LTE)

Yes the screen has not been doing the washed out blacks from what i have seen. All you need to do is buy another battery for the raider & keep that charged. you do not need a case that has a battery built into it. MY SG2 dies pretty fast. i listen to music & email & text & look on the web for a few mins & it dies within 4 hours. I have to always bring my charger when i was at work using the phone.

@jimmyjo. I suggest you go get this as soon as possible. The SGS2 LTE wont come out for a while unless Rogers does some magic & start shipping out phones to everyone at once. This phone is great.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix: Thanks but I want to wait till the dust settles and I know what I'm getting into. Please comment on battery life once you've had it for a couple of days, that's one of my primary concerns.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Will do. I will also test the LTE network sometime this week as well ( i need to add the LTE data on to use it.)
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:

@ JCKelly. Yes there is a desktop Dock mode & car mode as well built in. Its a app. Honestly if you play around with this you will fall inlove with it. The design does not look like any other HTC. The back has been changed. There is still a little LED notification light on the left top side. The hardware on it is amazing aswell.

Thanks for the reply but I think you misunderstood my question... the MODES are built in to android.  What I want to know is does HTC have native docks available for this unit?  I know they made them for my Nexus One but I also know they are not made for every phone.  I'm biased TOWARDS HTC and if they have the hardware I think I'll jump.

I'm very disappointed with the games being played by Rogers and Samsung.  I'm not sure which is to blame but they are both behaving very poorly.  Unfortunately, Rogers has me by the short hairs at the moment or I'd tell them both to take a flying leap.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Meowmix for the review.

I'm glad there are options now.

Sounds like the phone is pretty awesome.

I wish they had a live demo of this in stores so i can actually play with it vs those stupid dummy phones.

I'm gonna wait till this Friday when the Razr comes out.

At that point if the S2 has not been released i'll make a impulsive decision about what to get.

I Plan to Stick Around

I got the Raider today too, so far it's pretty awesome, Amazing camera, super fast and responsive, the battery seems to be pretty good compared to my iPhone 4. It started at 50% and its still alive 9 hours later, which wouldn't have been anywhere near that with the iPhone.

The only issue I have right now is that I can't find any accessories, no cases and more importantly screen protectors, I hope that changes quickly.

I Plan to Stick Around

similar concern i have

not sure how popular the HTC raider will be in the dev community and accessory community.

i really just want to make sure there's support for this the way there is for the S2.

is this a valid concern or is dev community support overrated?

i've always been a blackberry user and this will be my first android device.

i want to make sure whatever i get is not going to be a dud.