HTC Raider

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider a couple more questions

Same here..no data ..and now no 4G...double time.
I Plan to Stick Around

So I spent A LOT of time yesterday evening with various reps trying to figure out the data issue on my new HTC Raider.  I am very relieved in some ways to hear others are having the same issue as it means it is not just me...

I actually got a new handset, new sim cards, reset everything.  Basically for 6 hours went through everything the technicians could think of.  Still no data.  I absolutely love this phone.  I really hope Rogers fixes it.  The technicians even changed my plan to LTE, then non-LTE etc... as it stands now I have a reference number and a "ticket" which means Rogers technicians will be looking into this more closely and getting back to me within 24-48 hours.  I will keep you posted...  The only thing I found a little concerning is most of the technicians had no idea Rogers had released this phone.   Perhaps we have uncovered one of the glitches that has delayed the release of the S2 LTE???  Anyway, this phone is incredible... please Rogers, get my data back up and running.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider

does it show 3G or 4G at the top of the phone? All i see are my reception bars.

not sure how ppl are locating their 3g or 4g status?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Called in just now. Not even Edge is working.. He said try to get another sim card & activate that one ( i will activate the LTE sim to see if it works) If that does not work he said it could be the antenna in the phone or the phone it self 😕

I tried to explain that another 10 people are having the same exact issue & he seems not to understand that..
I Plan to Stick Around

My main concerns are

Deleteable home screens - I only use 3, and I don’t want to buy a phone with sense only to get a replacement launcher.  The captivate allows this but the Tab does not. I find the more homescreens you have the more memory will be consumed. Also I am just OCD about having empty screens on my device.. 😛

Battery - I start my day at 7 am and plug my phone it at around 10 pm, with 3 hours of calling and medium usage of texting and data. I don’t use Facebook/Twitter widgets and only have MAIL, weather and power management widgets currently. I invested in a tablet so my data usage on my phone will be relatively low once I get a case for that device. I will be using my phone to play music and may watch local video's when too lazy to carry around the tab.

Connectivity - I need it to open up as a removable drive on my MAC. The captivate does this, but the Galaxy tab does not. And while Kies is good enough for syncing media, I cannot drop other files unless I use Windows or a wireless option like dropbox.

Weight - Going from a Captivate (118g) and an Iphone 3g (133g) to Raider (177g). Does it really matter? Do you feel the weight difference? I personally have stopped buying cases and coat my devices with invisible shield which tends to look like crap after a couple of months due to scuffs and dirt build up.

Memory - I have a 16gb micro sd so I should be able to get around 32 of total memory (16 internal + 16 external). Correct me if I'm wrong

NFC - Seems important but I am guessing it won't be fully utilized at least for the next two years so don't think it really matters.

Root  - How hard/easy would it be to root the phone incase I want a custom rom on there.

Signal and call volume - The signal on my captivate is HORRIBLE. Cannot speak on the Go Train at all!! The call drops if you switch from 3g to 2g which is quite irritating. Is this normal for all phones?  I have read that  HTC phone require a volume fix to increase the overall volume. Has anyone needed this so far? Also I'm not sure what Rogers is marketing when it comes to talking in the elevator because it certainly does not work for me. My connection will usually drop to edge and will stay like that unless I reboot. Weird...

As far as this issue that you guys are having currently regarding data, could someone elaborate?

Why I am really interested in this particular phone:

ANDROID - honestly though I love my MAC and OS X, once I used android, I just could never go back to using IOS. The amount of customization that is possible is ridiculous. Only problem I have is the app store is all over the place and you sometimes need to dig through garbage to find something amazing. But that’s what Google is for 😛

HTC SENSE - can’t get enough of it. That flip clock is stuck in my head.

LED Indicator - One feature I love on my blackberry and am surprised is not on the S2

HTC updates - no more being tied to the computer and hoping my phone will be recognized by Kies. HTC also seems to update their phone much quicker and from what I can tell this is OTA.

Also, my hesitation regarding the S2 is that I refuse to give any more money to SAMSUNG because they have HORRIBLE customer service. They told me to contact Google after their TouchWiz software broke 2.2's ability to mount your internal SD card as an external drive. The only reason I got their tablet is because I liked the slim form factor, don’t require LTE yet and got it on an amazing deal.

I Plan to Stick Around

I went throught he same issues... Did the new sim . Activated an LTE sim.  Then was told it was the phone itself.  Got a new phone.  Still not working.  Activated an LTE plan still not working.  The technicians will go through everything they can think of.  It is not working.  For some reason the phone is not connecting to the network.  It isn't SIM cards as I have tried many.  It isn't handsets as I have swapped for a new one. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea it would not make any sense that all of us are having the SAME EXACT issue & its the phones 😕
Its the network from Rogers side & they are either not saying anything or trying to fix them..
I Plan to Stick Around

No luck yet? Anyone talk to a tech lately? I really wanna try the network with this bad boy before I decide to drop it in favor of the SGS2 LTE that they apparently are shipping me.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix: Since your phone was working can you post the APN settings you were using? Mine was all messed up by Rogers reps. Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names. Please and thanks!
I Plan to Stick Around

@JimmyJo wrote:
@Meowmix: Since your phone was working can you post the APN settings you were using? Mine was all messed up by Rogers reps. Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names. Please and thanks!

Rogers Internet

ltemobile.apn