HTC Raider

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: HTC Raider

You are correct Shaggy 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider (autosync, headset, calendar and contacts)

@shaggyskunk wrote:
Hey unlocked, I had this happen on my sgh-i727 with gmail. I have a few email addresses and for some bizarre reason, one of them was producing the same error message that you're getting. I ended up trying to login to that account on my p.c. and got a request/message asking me to verify my account?? I hadn't changed anything.... but I verified the info and no problem since... I was thinking at the time that it must have been a problem with gmail itself... ie Google's mail server.. good luck!!

Those pesky Raiders..... Right Meow 🙂

So on your android you have "Auto-sync" checked (enabled)?  I'm weary of having this enabled because once I left my mobile data before a gym session, when I came back it used 130megs.... since I always turn off mobile data, hence my question on this auto-sync.

Couple of other questions for Raider users:

1.The headphones with the headset on this unit seem very low in volume, at full volume. Using my gf's iphone headphones that came with her iphone the volume is much louder - are you guys happy with the raider headphones?

2.When exactly does the calendar and contacts sync with the google account? Do I need to do this manually or will it auto sync with I enter something new (if it's the latter what are the settings - not sure I have this enabled correctly).

Thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

I got the Raider yesterday and have some issues with it.  I'm told that I am difficult to hear on my bluetooth head set but had no problems at all with my N8.  I like to plug the phone into my car stereo but if the headphone jack is bumped it cuts out with a crack and reverts to the phone speakers.  The latter is a hardware issue but the former sounds like it is probably the design of the handset.  I called rogers and they will send out a Galaxy Nexus next week.  We'll see how that goes.  This upgrade is not the enjoyable experience it should be.  I do, however, still think Rogers customer service is second to none.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well i am sorry to hear that. I am using a Bluetooth & i have no issues with it.. When hook my Bluetooth up on my Acura it works fine without any problems ( its a 2010 model SUV).

The only problem i have ever had was just the network but it was in the start when the LTE networks just started. It sucks you switched to the Nexus but its up to what you want right?
I Plan to Stick Around

The reason for the switch is mainly a buddy of mine showing me all the cool features of the GN.  I must say I was impressed.  The thing that really got me was it is unlocked.  I spend a fair amount of time out of the country and this would give me the freedom to put another SIM card in to save that 1.60 roaming charge.  I really like the form factor of the Raider and the sence UI was very cool.  I am so on the fence now.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Novanorm wrote:

The thing that really got me was it is unlocked.  

I got a code from ebay for $6 and unlocked my Raider in 20 seconds.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

This is true. All you need to pay is around 5-6 bucks & boom its unlocked for good.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider (pictures)

I have to say though, that I find that o indoor pictures NOT using the flash, the colours are washed out and not vivid. I also find the flash annoying, I wish I could turn it on manually like in video more and then take the picture.

But I have a real camera, and that's not why I buy a phone 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider (pictures)

@Unlocked, you make good points.  I am really torn.  This is a great time and a terrible time to buy a phone because of the amount of choice.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider (Google Nexus)

I was a BB today and played around with the Nexus. It's kinda cool, but now there are only 3 buttons at the bottom and I couldn't figure out how to get to the "settings" menu on the main screen or the different apps screen - it could be just as easy, but I couldn't figure it out.

I also found that on the Nexus and the RAZR, the settings for the camera doesn't switch from potrait to landscape (again, perhaps a setting I didn't know to change), the options/settings menu is in landscape mode.

The nexus does NOT support a microSD card for expansion (I believe).  Too bad, I find that THIS is a big negative on it.

Cheers