HTC Raider

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider

The shutter sound is reasonable because there should be a sound for privacy, but it's that anti-shake focusing sound is the one that's annoying and isn't needed for any reason, there should have been a way to mute that, but whatever, slight oversight on their part.

MicNoe
I Plan to Stick Around

You can turn of the automatic focus sound so that it only comes on when you manually focus. Its still annoying since it sounds like optimus prime transforming but its still better than hearing it every second you move.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

This is true. I use high end DSLR cameras so to me the noise is fine but for others it could get annoying. HTC just did it to follow the policy that the Government gave. Hopefully with 4.0 coming out we should be able to turn them off tho.
JdccSeiki
I've Been Here Awhile

Hold up... I bought my HTC Raider for 199.99 and also got the 50 dollar rebate for a total of 149.99. Can anyone confirm if it was supposed to be this way? Or was the price supposed to be 149.99 + the rebate for a total of 99.99?

And to clear up any confusion around LTE Plans being required for LTE phones... that is a lie. I bought the HTC Raider today without upgrading (more like downgrading) my data plan to the LTE compatible version.

Infact, inside the HTC box, rogers put in a little sheet of paper describing how to be "LTE Ready". It clearly says "If you choose to activate your LTE device on a non-LTE SIM card and/or a non-LTE plan, you can access other Rogers wireless networks but not enjoy the benefits of LTE network access"

CP100
I Plan to Stick Around

Hardware upgrade or new activation?

BB and FS as well as other retail places have them listed at $99 after "discount".

I'm expecting this phone to be free (on 3yr) by the time the Nexus is announced in January.
JdccSeiki
I've Been Here Awhile

That would be a hardware upgrade 🙂

Free would be pretty nice. But didn't the phone just come out in the last month or two? 😮

CP100
I Plan to Stick Around

The Evo 3D came out in July and was on promo for .01¢ in October.

It also seems that whatever price you pay for a phone, it's guaranteed to be dropped $50 within a week and you're sol for the difference, so you might as well wait til it drops to $0.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

It will most likely change to $0 around xmas time. Depending if Rogers releases any phones before that then it will go that low. The lowest you will see it if it does not go to $0 is $50 for a 3 year term.
mikertor
I've Been Around

Re: Incoming calls not coming through - HTC Raider

Hi

I have the same issue but it's on my HTC Raider.  Can happen many times per day.  HSPA+ or LTE same issue. Device has been changed, new LTE Sim card, problem persists.  Any other Raider users out there with this issue?

thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Incoming calls not coming through - HTC Raider

Mikertor. What issue are you having?