HTC Raider

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rje
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: HTC Raider

I went through this whole agonizing deal yesterday. First I lost all Rogers service for over 45 minutes. I took the phone back to Rogers Plus and they replaced the phone and added a new SIM card. Now the new phone would not connect to the network. Nothing. I called tech support and the guy tried but knew very little about this phone. He also didn't suggest that the LTE network might be down. He told me to return the phone to Rogers Plus, which I did. They gave me another Raider and a new SIM card, number three. The new phone wouldn't connect to the internet. The guys in the store couldn't figure it out, so they contacted Rogers by phone. Actualy I did. The CSR had no answers and after a half hour transferred the call to a higher level of tech suppport. Finally, with tech support on the phone two things happened. One, the phone suddenly connected and two, tech support finally acknowledged that the LTE network appeared to have been down. When youre an early adopter you come to expect these things. Why didn't Rogers know the network was down? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Rogers Tech support told most of us differnt things while their systems showed that the 3G,4G LTE networks are fine. ONLY 1 guy from here got told its a network issue. The phone works just fine. Rogers most likely wanted to do a system cleaning & they never told anyone anything nor the tech support agents. This was sad seeing as many of us were stuck without internet for a hole day. ( checking emais & such as well).
CP100
I Plan to Stick Around

To the fellow above who said he wants the ability to only have 3 home screens, looks like Sense 3.5 has the ability to add/remove them right from the screen by pinching in to show all of the home screens at once, then long pressing to remove them.

Not sure if 3.0 has this already, but I saw it in a clip for 3.5.
zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

Just tried, it doesn't unfortunately.

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

I went to have a look at this phone this morning... Absolutely gorgeous!  I may yet be swayed.  There are no contacts for a dock otherwise I'd already have one.  What is everyone else doing for car use?  I use the GPS frequently so I want a dashmount.

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

there has to be a bunch of third party mounts that would work, I don't see why you'd need something made specifically for one device, I don't need anything this so I'm not really familiar with what's out there
jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@zombiejc wrote:
there has to be a bunch of third party mounts that would work, I don't see why you'd need something made specifically for one device, I don't need anything this so I'm not really familiar with what's out there

ahh.. you've never experienced the convenience of a native dock.  With a native car dock an Android device will automatically turn on bluetooth (assuming you have it off most of the time to conserve battery life), switch to "car mode", and begin charging. The car dock for my Nexus One also has a built in speaker/amplifier (though in fairness, it's pretty useless). Obviously the dock will also hold the device securely (after all, it's built to fit).  With a native desk dock the phone switches to a clock mode (with alarms etc) and, if you've wired it properly, will play your stored music through an amplifier of some kind.  All this is automatic - just place (or snap) the device into the dock.

My only complaint about Andoid devices has been battery life.  When you're able to top up your charge without really thinking about it well... it's made my life better.

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

While I assume they have one for the s2, do they have one for Rogers 4.5" version yet?
Uninc
I've Been Here Awhile

i got tired of waiting for the sg2 lte so i went and got the raider, but didnt upgrade my plan to an lte plan. the phone looks pretty, but, its heavy, heavier than an iphone, the metal back plate gets hot, very hot, the UI is rather snappy and sharp not as smooth and fluid as i would have liked. i am not a fan of some customization restrictions that htc has put on the phone. i dont know how to root and im not planning on it. i want a good reliable phone that i dont need to jailbreak in order to get it working right. i did speed tests and got 733kbps, not even 1 mb download speeds. i was rather dissapointed. i also had lots of connectivity issues. kept saying it couldnt connect to the network, i could load my gmail acount through the widget but not open up the internet browswer, facebook, any social networking, and the market place was much much slower than my water damaged iphone 3gs, and that was when the market chose to even load. so i immediately took the phone back to rogers and am now waiting patiently for the sg2. i know this post is a little late considering that they have started shipping most orders for the sg2 but i thought it would help those who are still debating if they want the samsung or the htc raider. i will say without a doubt go with the sg2. thinner, smoother, and probably more reliable (just speculation) but the htc does look **bleep** sexy with a beautiful screen (also found the screen sticky, not as easy to use swype or pinch to zoom,). but still the htc is an awesome phone, much better than iphone. hope this helps

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

You must have got a dud, I've had none of those issues, it's fast and fluid both from the UI and network stand point. The back never gets hot and I've been had the working hard since I got it, I use swype and it works beautifully. It's too bad you got a lemon, but that happens with every model of phone. The Rogers rep said around 60% of all phones are duds, that sounds ridiculously high, but nevertheless you got one of them, everyone else I've heard from on here is extremely happy with their phone. As far as customizability that's all personal preference, I hope the S2 is more customizable for you, I'm gonna be rooting my phone regardless as soon as I'm able to, just waiting for the info to come available, watching the dev boards patiently.