HTC Raider

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kid_icarus
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE MOST RETARDED response you guys have heard yet.

I just called into Rogers and the rep said I NEED AN LTE plan.

She said originally everyone was told we didn't need an LTE plan.

But she spoke to her supervisor and was told that apparently they have new documentation that they are changing the rules where we MUST get an LTE plan.

She recommends i return the phone for an hspa phone or upgrade to a lte flex plan, in which case i kindly said no thank you and I will return the phone.

I am extremely disturbed by this response. I asked her why your rogerslte.com website still says that we can use the LTE phone without an LTE plan and she said, the new rules have not been put up onto the web yet. she said she's not suprised as rogers frequently changes the rules.

SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???

I managed to get $2 credit to my account for the 2 days of lost data though. YES!

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope this has nothing to do with the raider because I love this phone now and really like it's design over the galaxy, so I don't want to have to switch over unless it's some sort of device issue which seems unlikely
zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

What about all the places they sold these devices that aren't even in lte areas? That doesn't make any sense
Jimmylegs
I Plan to Stick Around

I am now trouble shooting with some people a little higher up.  Still no luck but I think the message is getting across that this is more than a single phone issue.

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

yeah I'm on the phone too, they have recieved a report of the issue and told to escalate all these issues. So I'm hoping that "new Lte Policy" that passed along to kid incarus is bull**bleep**, cause that would be huge **bleep** storm for Rogers, especially with all the S2 customers

Ras
I've Been Here Awhile

I also have the data issue and called in to Rogers.  I spoke with several people from tech suport and billing.  They also advised that LTE phones must be on LTE plans.  My options were to return the phone or get a plan.

Sounds really weird to me and I don't belive them.

My data plan went off on Wednesday night at 5:30pm.  It came back up all on its own around 12:00 today.  i restarted the phone after chaning my SD card and its back down again.

My SIM works fine in other phones I tried.

This is definetly something Rogers is doing or an undisclosed outage.

I do not have LTE plan or an LTE SIM.

I am gussing the Rogers store people will think I am drunk when I come in tomorrow to 'return' a perfectly good phone on a 3 year contract...

Jimmylegs
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't return the phone yet.  I have an LTE plan and an LTE phone and it still isn't working.  Has to be another issue.

zombiejc
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah I just got off the phone with a Rep and she said there is no validity to needing an Lte plans, and for those that don't have them or not in an area where it's provided it would just go down to HSPA. She said it's just a network problem and she sent a ticket in. She had me on hold for a few minutes and she talked to second tier of support and they said they are trying to figure out whats going. So who ever told you you needed to have Lte was just feeding you something for some reason. I'm gonna wait it out, the only other phone I'd want is the S2 and they would have the same issue at this point.

locomotion
I'm Here A Lot

Well, guess what. I came home from work, I was still getting data. I decided to turn on my wifi to do something, then turned it off.

Now I'm not getting the internet like yesterday and earlier today.

Weird.
Jimmylegs
I Plan to Stick Around

I know the theme in these forums occasionally trends towards Rogers bashing.  I have to say I am getting increasingly competent and personal service on this issue.  Still no solution but at least now I can confirm people are working on it.