HTC Raider

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: HTC Raider

A fix will be done 'as early as next week'

I Plan to Stick Around

Smiley Very Happy LOL. Now that's really funny!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Lol let's hope not. If it has not changed by the morning I will call in ans see what is going on.
I Plan to Stick Around

Cana nyone who has the phone commnet on connectivity. How do you get files on the device? Does it open as an external drive.

I have a MAC and samsung devices give me a lot of trouble on my MAC.

I Plan to Stick Around

i had connectivity last night as well up until i went to bed

when i woke up, everything was down.

**EDIT** i realize now that i was on WIFI at home so nvm... it was probably down a lot earlier. 

has anyone heard anything from rogers regarding network outage?

or is this isolated to our phones only?

btw i picked up the raider after work yday

liking it so far.

question though: while i swipe RIGHT over the screen and going over the "frame" of the phone. i feel it's slightly loose or there is a bit of a gap between the screen and the frame.

does anyone else get this?

swiping LEFT is fine. the case is nice and tight with no tangible "gap" or looseness.

just wondering if i should return it or if this is natural in all of the raiders because of the volume rocker.

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider a couple more questions

Also, can you delete homescreens in HTC sense 3.0. I usually only use 3. The Galaxy tab does not allow this and the first app I downloaded was ADW Launcher to rectify this annoyance. If you cannot delele homescreens this phone is a NO for me. I am pretty my getting it for sense. Wouldn't make much sense if I replace the launcher... 😛

Also reading the review below:

http://www.androidincanada.ca/news/google-chrome-making-its-way-to-android/

"Battery Life.

HTC Raider comes with a 1620 Li-Ion mAh battery. Using the HTC Raider day to day, I found the battery was draining pretty fast, which is to be expected from a HTC device. HTC Sense is beautiful, although it is a large factor why most HTC phones have poor battery life. I was able to get through a full day on medium to heavy use, but I couldn’t go much farther than that. I would label the battery length as poor for this phone sadly.

But for what the phone is capable of, there are other things that easily make up for its lack in battery." <www.androidincanada.ca/>

Would you guys agree?

Also the pictures thie user posted look horrible and pixelated. Is this normal?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Data issues for me still.  I hope they fix it soon. 😞

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Like i have said. My Raider lasted me over 8 hours playing music, emailing, texting, facebok, internet & also calling my GF. & i was on 4G That is heavy use & it lasted me 8 hours ( more then what my iPhone 4/4S did.) He does not know the batter saving option does he?... sad that he wrote a review yet does not know that stuff....

The pictures are taken in Normal shots. He has not changed the settings for outdoors. The Raider has settings in which will make the picture beautiful when its on outdoor setting.

Believe what he says if you want. about 6 of us on here had said its a amazing phone with no problem & the battery life is better then the iPhones.
I Plan to Stick Around

Im in Winnipeg, and yes, data only working on wifi at the moment...when switched to 4G...blah.
I Plan to Stick Around

Can someone post the correct APN settings for when 4G is actually back up and running?

The guys at the Rogers store and on the tech support line changed them up but I'm not sure which is the right one.

Played around with the phone last night and enjoyed it. Will have more time today to figure it out.

Is there an easy way to get rid of Rogers bloatware? I was trying to delete applications but it wasn't working for me.