HTC Raider vs Samsung Galaxy S2

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

HTC Raider vs Samsung Galaxy S2

I've been trying to decide what phone to get next and since the S2 has been taking so long I'm thinking about get the Raider. So should I get the Raider now or wait for the S2?

What do you think?

******* Edit labels ********

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider vs Samsung Galaxy S2

so far everyone thats popped on here with the raider has liked it.  Its actually starting to get me thinking of jumping off the list as well.  again the only thing that the galaxy s has is NFC.  The big advantage the Raider has, its out now and not coming soon in a maybe sorta soon way.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

NFC is not really needed since barelt any company is using it. They will in the future but not for the time being.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

NFC is a key component of Android 4.0 allowing instant transfer between phones. Many merchants are set  up for NFC in the Vancouver area already. I consider it a must have for my next phone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

The go for it. If you think NFC is really important then get a phone that will have it. NFC is not really needed but oh well. You are missing out on a great phone then. ( just cuz you want NFC).
I Plan to Stick Around

What companies are set up for it? All I've read is there are some companies doing trial runs, so a few stores within the source chain are giving it a try? Sending info thru a bump like process virtually has zero importance to me, I just don't see where it would be all that valuable in that respect. As for the google wallet aspect, I absolutely love that and can't wait for wide spread acceptance, but I can guarantee that by the time that happens I will have new phone, but that's me. As far as I see NFC in it's current level with ICS will be more of cool thing to play around with and not overly valuable, unless there is an aspect I'm missing. Once the walmarts and macdonalds of the worlds are actively using this technology it won't be an aspect that will sway me one way or the other, as soon as that happens though, I will be upgrading, if I haven't already, to the lastest super phone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Exacly. Here in Toronto no store has NFC nor is planning o using it for a while... i talked to a few stores like Future shop, Best buy, Sobeys, Walmart, Zellers, Canadian tire & also Rona & home Depot they all said they are planning on getting in within the next 2 years.. They said it is going to take a long time due to most people do not have NFC & it will cost a lot to hook it up & use it in the stores,

Please name some stores you have seen it in,,.