HTC Raider ROM/Rogers Debrand - anyone?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unlocked
I Plan to Stick Around

HTC Raider ROM/Rogers Debrand - anyone?

Has anyone had any luck debranding the HTC Raider? I want to get rid of the Rogers crap on this phone, and possibly have stock Android and Sense. I have seen some posts with ROMs, but people that have used them have had issues (wifi not working, etc..).

Has anyone done this before and is it worthwhile/risky? I've debranded a Fido Nokia before, wasn't that hard and it worked just fine after.

In other thoughts, any idea when the Raider will get an Android upgrade??

Cheers!

******* Edit labels ********

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: HTC Raider ROM/Rogers Debrand - anyone?

Meowmix?? 🙂
I ain't gonna Hazard a guess in your domain...
btw, any idea, what's a good snack for a cat 🙂
mbazdell
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: HTC Raider ROM/Rogers Debrand - anyone?

shaggyskunk please stop trying to increase your post count with totally useless posts.

In regards to the original question, check out XDA Developers. That is going to be your first source for any ROMs that are debranded. Usually you're going to find a lot of American versioins of our phones simply becuase there's more of them, but they will support Rogers well enough.

In this case you're looking for the HTC Vivid as it's called down south.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1385

You will find lots of flaky roms unfortunately, however there is where you will find any useful information long before asking here.