HTC Raider ICS update available ...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unlocked
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider ICS update available [Feedback]

BUMP
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

IT is worth upgrading to the ICS. I had a few little minor issues in the start but they all went away & now the phone works as new. No issues as well. The only issues i have is the ones from Rogers but nothing to do with the phone.

I live the ICS on the phone to be honest.
Unlocked
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix, you've been using ICS for a while... I'm still hesitant to update, as the phone works great, no complaints really (except the speaker, which sucks on this phone and even at max volume I can't hear it sometimes). 

Would you mind giving me some insight (if you know the answers) on ICS. I'm thinking of upgrading the phone.

Once I upgrade to ICS, do you know:

-Can home screen go landscape mode
-Is there a car dock app (that can be launched manually?) that comes std; right now there is none
-Does the email app, for (MS Exchange ActiveSync) handle Hotmail properly, parsing HTML (right now, HTML isn't parsed, everything is text only)
-Any issues with WiFi strength after the update
-Any issues with the GPS after the update
-Any issues with any apps after the update
-Do you see a speed increase overall on the phone?
-Does the battery last longer; ICS handle battery management better?

-Lastly, any suggestion (maybe there is a step by step) on how to backup the phone AS is (like an image) and then restore it in case I don't like ICS?

Would appreciate any of these answers; you can also PM me if you wish, likely others would benefit from the answers though.

Thank you!