HTC Raider ICS update available ...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AllanVS
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Raider ICS update available ...

Uh ... did you read the post? 
Bell Released the ICS update today.

Where is Rogers ICS update for their raider? If Bell can release it before June 1, why can't Rogers? Oooooooooh they want us to buy One X phones? I don't be thinkin' so!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You never posted today.. Also my post was noy towards yours. So do not try to be rude.?.
AllanVS
I Plan to Stick Around

Meow - I wasn't posting to resond to you, it was to respond to
"HTC Raider ICA update available ... FOR BELL HTC RAIDER ONLY."
The title did say it was available, meaning, ready to be downloaded.

Which means he didn't read the first post (or title) stating it's available.   Oh well. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Oh then my bad, sorry :).

Well as everyone knows, Rogers will not make comments on if they will release the update or not. Most of the comments they give to us they say:
"We provide OS updates as soon as manufacturers send them to us for testing and we're satisfied with the device's performance on our network. "

The thing is that the reps will say "We provide OS updates as soon as manufacturers send them to us" Most of the manufactures have already send the update to Rogers but Rogers takes their time on adding their bloatware in which makes this a long wait. Adding the bloatware & such takes days or a few weeks, Testing it out takes days NOT weeks. Rogers just loves to take their time & **bleep** customers off.Also the reps  reading a scripted sheet of paper  & typing it to us. Its sad on how Rogers works but this is how it is.

I fully understand how updates work & all but a small update like this which Rogers has had since HTC send it to them a long time ago, should not take long. If Bell was able to release it today, Rogers should be also able to or at-least in a few days coming.

AllanVS
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix - I agree! 

Rogers thinks it's customers don't "deserve" the update, but they  us over with 3 yr contracts and over pricing the devices (you realize, HTC pays about $150 to build it, they sell to Rogers for around $210 and Rogers makes the price in the $550 range!)

**edited for content**

daedalas1981
I've Been Around

I called HTC today after speaking with Rogers Tech, and HTC confirmed that Rogers does have the update for the Raider. However, HTC also said, its up to the carrier to make the release. Rogers Tech would not give me a relaease date or even a conformation. Bell wins this round and Rogers is losing its competitive edge as the leading carrier in Canada...who will my next carrier be???
shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

"leading carrier" is a self appointed title! For an organisation that is allegedly in the Telecommunications business, rogers fails miserably at communication! Shareholders ARE noticing!
alty134
I've Been Here Awhile

This is normal for Rogers. I'm cancel TV, then Internet (Both from Rogers). Reason simple - prices going up every month, quality of service going down.

Customer support quality - very low. All updates we get late... Easy to sell phone on Kijiji and buy unlocked from Bell to make sure you get UPDATED phone!!! 

With this support Rogers going behind small companies like Mobilicity and Wind mobile!

My contract with Rogers finish in October 2012 and i'm for sure going to better provider.

Peanuts80
I've Been Here Awhile

I am sooooo tired of waiting for this update for my Raider!!!!! C'mon Rogers, get with it!!

AllanVS
I Plan to Stick Around

Google sent it to HTC in November or October.
HTC sent it to Rogers in early March (after HTC tested it fully!)
Rogers has to find ways to install bloat ware and crap we don't want to try to make more money off of us (I suspect they are trying to do what T-Mobile did and spam our notification bars with their ads.)  IF that happens, I'll bite the bullet, cancel my service, and tell Rogers to go themselves.

***edited for content***