Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Raider ICS update available ...

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor
62 REPLIES 62

Re: HTC Raider ICS update available ...

I called HTC today after speaking with Rogers Tech, and HTC confirmed that Rogers does have the update for the Raider. However, HTC also said, its up to the carrier to make the release. Rogers Tech would not give me a relaease date or even a conformation. Bell wins this round and Rogers is losing its competitive edge as the leading carrier in Canada...who will my next carrier be???

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor
"leading carrier" is a self appointed title! For an organisation that is allegedly in the Telecommunications business, rogers fails miserably at communication! Shareholders ARE noticing!

alty134
I've Been Here Awhile

This is normal for Rogers. I'm cancel TV, then Internet (Both from Rogers). Reason simple - prices going up every month, quality of service going down.

Customer support quality - very low. All updates we get late... Easy to sell phone on Kijiji and buy unlocked from Bell to make sure you get UPDATED phone!!! 

With this support Rogers going behind small companies like Mobilicity and Wind mobile!

My contract with Rogers finish in October 2012 and i'm for sure going to better provider.

Peanuts80
I've Been Here Awhile

I am sooooo tired of waiting for this update for my Raider!!!!! C'mon Rogers, get with it!!

AllanVS
I Plan to Stick Around

Google sent it to HTC in November or October.
HTC sent it to Rogers in early March (after HTC tested it fully!)
Rogers has to find ways to install bloat ware and crap we don't want to try to make more money off of us (I suspect they are trying to do what T-Mobile did and spam our notification bars with their ads.)  IF that happens, I'll bite the bullet, cancel my service, and tell Rogers to go themselves.

***edited for content***