HTC Raider ICS update available ...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

HTC Raider ICS update available ...

HTC getting ICS. Check the link;
http://www.theandroidsoul.com/android-4-0-update-promised-for-htc-rhyme-raider-droid-incredible-2-an...

******* Edit labels ********

capcity65
I've Been Around

Re: HTC Raider ICS update available ...

So, HTC has finally released ICS for 16 of their 'top-tier' models, including the Raider. Now we sit around and wait for "The First Evil Empire" to determine when us 'minions' deserve to get the upgrade.... Any bets as to how long Rogers will take to release Android 4.0.2? I predict the beginning of May. Just after ***spit*** Bell releases a bug-filled version of theirs!

farchord
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Rogers does not comment on when the updates will come to the devices. This is normal.

@Farchord. The link you provided is valid BUT read this "unfortunately there’s no specific timeline as to when. On their Facebook page HTC noted that “the HTC Raider is on the list to receive ICS for customers of Rogers and Bell in Canada. Stay tuned for more news on Ice Cream Sandwich releases in the coming weeks.”"

So HTC does not have a time line when the update will get rolled out. We all just need to wait for it.

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor

May! You're a bit of an optimist... 😉

MannyArnaldo
I've Been Here Awhile

So the ATT Vivid has been doing OTA updates to ICS for some time now. Why isn't Rogers doing the same. It's the same phone.

Achilles
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@MannyArnaldo wrote:

So the ATT Vivid has been doing OTA updates to ICS for some time now. Why isn't Rogers doing the same. It's the same phone.

For the same reason why the US gets everything first...

AllanVS
I Plan to Stick Around

FOR BELL HTC RAIDER ONLY.
So Rogers, your competition can get it out ... and they gave an estimate of 'early June'... but look, June is still 10 days away.

Where's the update for the Rogers HTC Raider? 

sonyboyj
I'm an Enthusiast

Ya HTC is supposed to roll out ice in June or July its not gonna happen June 1st be patinet its worth the wait I have o nexus love ice hate the the phone its self dame signal loss issues lol
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Bell released the 4.0 ICS for the HTC Raider today.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/05/22/bell-htc-sensation-4g-and-raider-4g-lte-upgrade-to-os-4-0-now-avai...

I really hope Rogers can release it soon enough as well. I really love the Raider