HTC Raider ICS update available ...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmpp
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: HTC Raider ICS update available ...

I cannot believe that it hasn't been released yet.  It's been over a month since Bell released it.

I am VERY ticked and upset that I bought the phone at full retail non-contract price the week it was released.  I should have bought the phone unlocked from the USA - and I would have the update already.  Or even the Bell version...

Rogers - it's no wonder that you're in the "Red" and having an issue with revenues. People are going to other providers...   Why?  Lack of support, lack of initiative, lack of transparency.

What is the real reason you're (from what I can tell) intentionally holding back the ICS update for the HTC Raider?  Are you hoping that people are going to buy the HTC One?  Well, the storage isn't upgradable and the battery (I think) isn't removable.  Are you holding off because you think people are going to jump on the Samsung when it's available?

The HTC interface is FAR SUPERIOR - Rogers holding back the update is ANNOYING!

There is no way that you're still "testing" it.  There is no way that it's taking this long.  Yes,  you "need" too add all the crap bloatware to the phone... c'mon, let's get on with it!

How about some transparency and telling us (the customers, the ones paying your salaries) what is going on and being open and honest about it?

kedaly
I've Been Here Awhile

I suggest that everyone with a Raider calls Rogers tech support and lets it be known that they want the ICS update.. I don't understand why Bell has it, HTC has promised it and AT&T has it for the vivid.. What's the problem with Rogers?

tomuchan
I've Been Here Awhile

Well it's July 1st, and they have failed to meet HTC's Release deadline. Looks like I am forced to use a custom rom because Rogers clearly doesn't care about releasing updates in a timely manner.  I'll also contact Rogers again to see if they will comment on this.  If not, I will not be buying a new products and services from Rogers.  Im also going to tell my enitre office to stay away from Rogers.  

AllanVS
I Plan to Stick Around

I've a feeling, that I'll bite the bullet in December, and pay the remainder of the conract, and switch back to Mobilicity or Wind.  I'm tired of the BS and delays.  Stupid Rogers BS.

tomuchan
I've Been Here Awhile

Apparently the update has been released today but i spent time to flash a custom rom already.  I may flash it back to the rogers ruu file to see how it compares with the custom rom.  Their poor service with this update will not be forgotten and i will still be telling my office to stay away from rogers.    

cadecairos
I Plan to Stick Around

Been trying to update for an hour now, still haven't gotten it. I wonder how long it'll take.

Anyone else had luck?

AllanVS
I Plan to Stick Around

20:00 and still no update.

cadecairos
I Plan to Stick Around

Glad I'm not the only one not getting an update. Better not take too long, I've been waiting aaaaaages
cadecairos
I Plan to Stick Around

dmpp
I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with someone from HTC not that long ago who said that it can take up to 45-days from the release date to push to all the devices. Knowing my luck, it will be 46-days for me.

This is just stupid how long it’s taken – Bell has had it for about 7-weeks now!

This will be the last HTC device I buy!  It will also be the last device that I buy from Rogers!