HTC Raider Completley FROZEN out of the blue... HELP!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

HTC Raider Completley FROZEN out of the blue... HELP!!!

My three month old htc raider has completely frozen on the white htc startupscreen. I was just resetting my phone to reconnect to wifi, and it wouldn't go past the start up screen. Doesn't turn off unless I pull the battery. Tried pulling battery, sim card and sd card, nothing happened. Battery out for several minutes about fifteen times with no change to the freezing on start up. 

Tis has WNEVER happened to my phonebefore.  Especially uponresetting...

Im outfor the country right now and NEED my phone when I get back to Canada as I don't have a home phone or Internet at my house. I rely on my cell for everything, I mean EVERYTHING.

I could not be more . off at HTC, as I tried emailing them from their website butrepeatedly got an error message and the email wouldn't send. Thanks for nothing you joke of a company, htc!! 

now..l don't want tolose any let alone all of my files on my phone..l pictures, videos... Etc. 

I have a feeling that I'll be sending my phone in to Rogers for "repairs" when I get home, but I well better get an htc or equivalent phone for a loaner due to my not having Internet and junk. 

I'm so incrediblfrustrated, and don't think I could be any more upset on my vacation.  Buying this phone (we bough two!) was

the worst thing I could've done. Fml.

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: HTC Raider Completley FROZEN out of the blue... HELP!!!

This sounds like a problem with the software or it could be corrupt file on the software. I spoke to HTC Canada & they let me know this could be it.

Are you able to go to any cyber cafe & use their computer for an hour & try to do a software reset?

If not then when you come back, just send it into Rogers & have them repair it OR you could pay $35 & have them send you out a replacement HTC Raider & you just need to ship yours back into Rogers. The $35 will cover the cost for shipping the phone to you & your phone back.

The will only give you a normal smartphone. They will not give you the same device if you go into the store & send it into repair. They only give loaner phones that Head office & the store managers want. Not what you want.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I suggest you try doing a factory reset. I've Googled your problem and it seems to get your phone back to a functioning state but you will lose your data. If you send your phone for Rogers repair, you will lose your data anyway. When I sent my phone in for repair, they didn't have any loaner phones available. I hear that's common, or they'll give you some Nokia phone.

Here's how to do a factory reset if you chose to:

Pull and replace the battery. Hold the volume down button and then press the power button. Wait until three Android images appear and then let go of the volume down button. Use the volume down button to highlight factory reset and then press the power button.

Good luck.

PS. Do you save your media onto your SD card? Hopefully you can preserve some of your stuff from that.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am currently having the same problem and have tried to do a factorry reset and it starts the reset then goes to a red triangle with an exclimation point in it please help this is soooo frustrating 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

having the same problem!!!...did anyone here get it to work

?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello grrrrrr73

Have you tried doing the hard reset on the phone? Also have you tried doing a factory reset or contact Rogers to send in the phone for repair?