cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC RAIDER battery life

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

If, as has been reported, HTC CFO Winston Yung believes HTC "dropped the ball" with the poor battery life of it's early LTE devices, what is being done for customers that bought these devices and are suffering the consequences?

"He conceded that the bulky handsets simply failed on a design and spec level — especially when it came to battery life — and were not selling nearly as well as expected."

I know some of you are getting decent battery life and good for you but my Raider is often dead by lunchtime.

When the manufacturer acknowledges that there is an issue, should there not be SOME kind of recompense the the customer? 

******* Edit labels ********

4 REPLIES 4

Re: HTC RAIDER battery life

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Its not really poor seeing as a lot of people are getting great battery life on the Raider and there is only a FEW that are getting a few hours on it..

No there should not be any recompense at all. You bought the phone. They never told you to go buy it or use it. They know of the issue & they are working to resolve it within the updates coming. Manufacturers are not going to give things out for free or **bleep** like that because you & a few others have a problems with the batteries. **bleep** Apple started giving free bumper cases AFTER the media showed on TV how the iPhone 4 was losing signal straight everywhere.

When you are not using the device lets say in the class room & all, turn off all the radios & turn it down from 4G / LTE to 3G / 2G. Also turn down the brightness. This helps out the phone battery. Also remember the more you use the phone, the more the battery dies. The Touchscreen uses battery as well. turn off all the notifications or set them to come to you late. email & twitter & facebook refresh every 15 / 30 mins. Make it refresh every hour.

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Its not really poor seeing as a lot of people are getting great battery life on the Raider and there is only a FEW that are getting a few hours on it..

No there should not be any recompense at all. You bought the phone. They never told you to go buy it or use it. They know of the issue & they are working to resolve it within the updates coming. Manufacturers are not going to give things out for free or **bleep** like that because you & a few others have a problems with the batteries. **bleep** Apple started giving free bumper cases AFTER the media showed on TV how the iPhone 4 was losing signal straight everywhere.

When you are not using the device lets say in the class room & all, turn off all the radios & turn it down from 4G / LTE to 3G / 2G. Also turn down the brightness. This helps out the phone battery. Also remember the more you use the phone, the more the battery dies. The Touchscreen uses battery as well. turn off all the notifications or set them to come to you late. email & twitter & facebook refresh every 15 / 30 mins. Make it refresh every hour.

Meowmix,

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  Their CFO has said they failed on a spec and design level.  There IS a problem with the phone.  For a start, the LTE radio draws too much power - they don't use that particular radio anymore. Yes, you can get around it to some extent by turning things off, operating at a sub-optimal level, or having chargers in your bedroom, office and vehicle -- most of which I do.  It doesn't negate the fact that the product appears to be flawed at the most basic level. 

Make no mistake, I love HTC.  I've had their products previously, have required service from them and they have been wonderful.  This model has issues and they have admitted such at the highest levels.  I just want to know what's being done to correct it.  You say they are working to rectify it with updates and, if they do, I'll be happy.  To suggest that the manufacturer has no responsibility to the customer when their product fails to perform when used in the manner for which it was designed is ludicrous.

When there is a design flaw in a car's braking system, the manufacturer cannot resolve the problem by advising customers to drive slower and purchase an anchor.  Why should I not hold all vendors to the same standard?

regards,

Cavan

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Believe me i know what you mean but at the same time the only option for you is either get a resplacement Raider sent to you & see if the battery is doing the same OR just live with it. HTC will only do so much & same goes for the others as well. I agree when the company should do something about it but they only do something about it over updates. They really can not ask us to give the phones back to them or something like that you know?

Actually it ONLY fails when the customer is using the phone none stop & has a lot of things running at once. Like i said I & many others are having good battery life on the Raider. Who knows it might just be the battery in your Raider. Even if HTC said the battery life is poor or w.e they said hundreds have said the phone lasts longer then same other phones..

Unlocked
I Plan to Stick Around

As I don't subscribe to the LTE service, I just turn the mode to GSM/HSPA auto, why have something running that isn't used.

For those subscribing to LTE, the suggestions above are valid, there many optimization and customization settings under Power on the Raider that can help you save on battery.

🙂

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation