HTC One black 64gb

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zarrar
I'm Here A Lot

HTC One black 64gb

Alrighty, so this has been bugging me for awhile, and it seems to be an ongoing trend in Canada. We always get shafted when it comes to phones.  It's like manufactuers and carriers have this ongoing vendetta towards us. Always offering the models only.

This leads me to my question. Is there actually any reason why I can't get the 64gb model of the HTC One in black? Because I really don't see any reasons for why it's not being offered by any carrier in Canada. I get a free upgrade every year (5 months from now for me) and I really want to upgrade to something better than the Galaxy S3, which isn't an S4 or an Iphone. 

I contacted HTC's canadian branch about this, and according to them this was solely the decision of the Carrier what to offer. So I guess I should rephrase my question, why do Carriers hate Canada/why don't they want to offer anything worthwhile?

**edited for content**

***edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: HTC One black 64gb

Due to historical statistics, likely.

While there are yes some users who would like and take advantage of the higher storage models... you look across the board..

Samsung, iphone, etc... the majority (i would say probably over 75%) of the devices that are sold.. are the lower storage models. (likely due to the price.. not wanting to pay MORE for the higher storage models).

Things may come into effect, such as agreements, etc.  If say a carrier wanted to carry that higher model, the manufacturer may say "you need to buy then over time X many units"  If that X many is over the historical % of people buying those higher devices.. they will loose out on money, sitting on stock which will never sell.

zarrar
I'm Here A Lot

So I guess offering the colour black is not viable either due to statistics.

Man, I hate this so much. Would it be possible for me to upgrade and sell whichever phone I get and buy an unlocked 64gb black HTC one and just use that, offsetting the cost? Or would it invalidate my trade in part of my plan? (I.e. another year from now when I qualify for another upgrade?)
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes, likely for the same thing with the black.  They intitialy did that with the Nokia Lumina, only got it in black, as other 'colored' phones didnt do well previously.. then there was HUGE demand for the colors, they eventualy got some of them.  So COULD chang if enough demand.

Not sure what you mean by 'trade in'

if you have something set up, where you need to hand back, that specific phone to them after a year, etc... then yes, likely it still has to be the same EMEI number, etc for the phone.

Other than that though, there shouldnt be an issue if you sold it (unlocked or locked) and put your sim in a an unlocked phone otherwise.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello zarrar

There is already a thread made about this. Reason being as i have said not many would by the 64GB model & the carriers do not want to keep them if they will not sell. Rogers already is not carrying the S4 32GB & its been said the 64GB HTC One will NOT be coming to Canada. HTC will tell you its up to the carriers BUT its the carriers & HTC to make this decision.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Android/thread-id/16234