HTC One X - overheating & loss of power

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

HTC One X - overheating & loss of power

My first android phone. I've had it for one week now, unfortunately i'm over the 30 minutes limit for a straight return to the store. 

Twice now in the last week, the phone has completely lost its signal (here in Vancouver) and been unable to reconnect without a reboot. Doesnt sounds so bad, but yesterday, around half way through the day, with quite a full battery (I dont use it to play any games - my use of it this last week has been very "light") - i sat down for an early dinner. Put my phone on the table. 25 minutes later, I picked up my phone and it was incredibly hot - it felt like it just came out of an oven. Seriously, the back of the phone (just under the camera) was ridiculously hot. The battery level had dropped to 4% (from around 65%), the signal was gone and there was a symbol that looked like something to do with not recognising the sim card. Most of the time it says "LTE" (incidentally, using speedtest.net i get 10475 kbps download and 4908 kbps upload (thats with only one bar showing for signal strength). Thats not really my concern. My real concern is that i cant have a phone that just dies during the day. 

If you google HTX One X overheating, you see there have been many, many problems with the european quad-core version. Could it be that the dual-core model is also a lemon ?

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator Rogers_Kate
Retired Moderator

Re: HTC One X - overheating & loss of power

Hi ltchest,

If you believe the device to be defective because of the overheating you should be able to do a straight exchange in the store you purchased it from as long as it's within 15 days. If not the device should be covered under warranty in which case you can take it into the store and have it sent in for repair.

Let me know if you need any assistance troubleshooting your signal.

Rogers_Kate

I'm a Trusted Advisor

OR you can contact Tech support over the phone & have them sent you a replacement HTC One X for the cost of $35 & once you receive the replacement, you just need to send yours back to Rogers. Easier then just going to the store & have them sent your phone in for repair & waiting weeks for it.
I've Been Here Awhile

I made a few changes, & the phone seems OK now. I turned off Fast Boot for starters. I also installed a couple of tools for managing the phone usage (Easy Battery Saver & Easy Task Killer). I have not had any further problems and the battery life now seems really good !

(I did take it back to the store where i bought it (they are closing down) and they were very not all that helpful. Also, i was unable to do an easy return since i had gone over "30 minutes" talktime. Even if you are under the 15 days (which i still was at the time) you cant do the return if you have gone over 30 minutes talk-time. 30 minutes it too little !)

Thx

I'm a Trusted Advisor

IF you read the contract it does say " 30 minutes OR 15 days." which ever one comes first.. IF you go over 30 minutes & you are stil in the 15 days the only thing they can do is a straight change for the same exact phone.
I've Been Around

I bought the HTC ONE X two weeks ago, and I have to say that it is an excelent phone, fine, smart nece an super functionally, but I found a big problem with the equipment, it OVERHEAT to much!!!, I am talking about more than 50°c after been used just for 3 minutes, doesn´t matter what aplication are using, reading emails, faceboock, taking pictures or just beeing on line.

I´ve sent back to my seller and now is under revision, the bad thing is that I´ve been serching on the web and there are several cases like that reperted by many people, and I am afraid that if the problem is the same with the model nothing will give me the sure that other HTC ONE X phone will be ok.