HTC One X: Problem with wifi and battery time after updating to jelly beans

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hallagwath
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC One X: Problem with wifi and battery time after updating to jelly beans

The thing is that every android phone will have slightly different apps, settings, etc, all set by the user. Rogers can only test a certain amount of various set ups, and probably uses out of the box or refurbished phones to test the update before releasing it.
Luckily there is such a huge following to these android phones that little issues like the keyboard problem and the wifi issue can be resolved within the community. If this forum is not no help I would recommend you visit the xda forums and have a look there, then come back here and share your new found knowledge.
calinf
I've Been Around

Hi,

I upgraded last week and had the same battery problems. WIFI was intermittent but always functioning. The battery problem seems to have been caused by NFC, which was turned on after the upgrade. Disable NFC and it should fix the problem. Some applications seem to be NFC 'friendly'... like The Score Mobile or Facebook.... Ones you disable NFC, it should fix the battery problem.

RAM usage is higher than with ICS... true. Will keep you posted if I fin d other tweaks for RAM usage...

jashan
I've Been Here Awhile

I must say, buying htc one x from rogers and updating it to jelly beans were the worst decisions of my electronic devices life. Customer care Services for rogers are worst, I called 6 times and every time they ask me to do something different which never worked,

I will never buy any rogers phone in future and will end up with rogers after my contract is over.

I am looking to buy a new phone (unlocked), any suggestion?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jashan

While i do agree Rogers customer care is useless, the reps you spoke to, actually tried different things to help you. You must at least give them credit for trying to help..

if you want a list of unlocked phones, either go with a unlocked iPhone from Apple which will cost you $600+ OR wait until Google opens up the selling again on the Nexus 4. That may take a while tho.