HTC One X: Problem with wifi and battery time after updating to jelly beans

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

HTC One X: Problem with wifi and battery time after updating to jelly beans

I updated my htc one x to jelly beans yesterday and I am not happy at all. First of all, it stopped detecting my home wifi (d-link router), it was working fine before and I downloaded this update using my home wifi. I can see neighbor's wifi connections, but mine is not even shown. Second thing, standby time is greatly reduced, it went from 50% to zero at night (7 hours) with wifi and data network off and no application running (I was sleeping). Also ram usage is between 800 to 900mb evertime, it was only 400-500mb before the update.

Is it only me or anyone alse has this problem? Please help.

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: HTC One X: Problem with wifi and battery time after updating to jelly beans

Hello jashan

Have you done a factory reset after the update? Try that and see. The MB will change as a new update came out with new features and such. This does happen with a lot of phones and OS's. If this keeps going on, I would sugget contacting Rogers and see if they can send you out a replacement HOX for $35. This cost will be for them to send it out and for you to send yours back. You can also always downlaod a app that dertects wifi and that will most likely find it for u
I've Been Here Awhile

Have yet to try Wifi but my battery life was considerably reduced. I noticed Google Maps seemed to be constantly running in the background. I found disabling Google Now, location reporting/sharing in Google Maps, and Google's location service seems to have improved battery life for the most part. I haven't had much time to identify which one was the culprit and will spend the next few days tinkering with each. You can also try using the new to JB power saver mode that is accessible in the notification pane. 

I've Been Here Awhile

I did factory reset two times but nothing changed. I will call rogers today and find what they want me to do. Thanks for your help.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Cortese84, I tried JB power saver mode, but it didn't help much.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jashan

You are welcome. See what Rogers says and do it. It could most likely be the new OS causing this problem. I know the new JB update has caused a few problems on the HOX. It sucks that there is no way to revert back to the old OS.
I've Been Here Awhile

Ya I think all that does is down clock the CPU but I'm not sure on that. Regardless, it's not going to do much if there is other stuff running in the background. You can try using the BetterBattery Stats app to figure out which program is holding wakelocks. That's how I figured out it was Google's location stuff that was causing my battery problem. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Cortese84

That could help but most of the times it doesn't. Also JB is known to have some other features using CPU as HTC has Sense and a few other things.
I Plan to Stick Around

I will second (or third) the batter drain issue.

My phone used to go over 1 & 1/2 days on a single charge.  I set my phone to use HSPA, rather than LTE full time, as i noticed an improvement in battery life.

Now after less than a full day at work, I already had to plug in my phone.  85% down to <20% in about 6 hours.

Looking at my battery usage (not sure i like the changes in that app), i noticed that my GPS was on full time, and have attributed that to the increased drain.

When plugged in, it seemed to be charging slowly as well, so i rebooted the phone.  I'm hoping that may solve some of my problems (GPS usage stopped at least)

Any other ideas, or findings out there?

DAvid

I've Been Around

same here! my phone drained in 6 hrs with 6 or 7 short phone calls, and a few minutes surfing on wifi.

Rogers is the last to update to jb4.1, and this is the result?  really not happy.

Ive only had my 1x for 5 weeks, and was happy with the phone till now