HTC One X: Problem with wifi and battery time after updating to jelly beans

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: HTC One X: Problem with wifi and battery time after updating to jelly beans

Hello chuckchef

Yea everyone is saying the same as well. It does not make sense how they do NOT test the updates before releasing them YET they claim they do.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I noted in the keyboard thread my fix. Clear all app cache, and simple reboot. It fixed the keyboard, and my battery life is a little better so far too.
8 hours and I am now at 63%
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi guys- same problem here. Wifi is not working and battert drains really quick. This makes the phone almost unusable fo my type of user. Please asvise of fix ASAP.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dspec

The only fix for the battery will be if you want to download Juice Defender. It saves battery for the better. Its a app which is recommended for every single phone. Other then that, there is not fix :(.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks meowmix. The wifi is the biggest problem, and id say is a critical error.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dspec

Have you tried to download a free app which will try & let you connect to WiFi? Try that & see if it works.
I Plan to Stick Around

What app would you suggest? 

I Plan to Stick Around

Wifi issues resolved- Disable DLNA auto-IP in advance wifi.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Really odd how some folks have issues and others don't.

I had my sister update her One X to JB and she hasn't complained of any issues, wifi, keyboard, battery life, all is well.

I wonder if there were different hardware revisions and some of them have issues with the update?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

Just because most of us have issues doesn't mean its " odd". Not everyone will have a perfect phone.. There not difference here. Rogers sends out one update to everyone. Rogers doesn't sit there and remake new versions for others. That could cause them problems in the end.

It could be the way users are using their phone. Apps / options enabled and such. We aren't seeing the whole picture here yet.