HTC One Group Messaging doesn't work

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

HTC One Group Messaging doesn't work

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get Group Chat to work on my HTC One.

I have the latest version of android (4.4.2) and i have the group chat settings turned on.

I can select multiple contacts but when i send the group message, it delivers as individual messages to everyone (iphone users mostly). 

Also, i have received a group chat but when i reply, again, it sends individual messages to all contacts.

My group messages never stay grouped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: HTC One Group Messaging doesn't work

Hello eightdown

Have you tried the following steps below? If you have & it does not work, it seems like for SMS it will send it to one person each time. Others seem to be having the same problem with the HTC One.

1. Open messaging app
2. Go into settings
3. MMS settings
4. Turn on group messaging

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/270127-group-sms.html

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello eightdown

Have you tried the following steps below? If you have & it does not work, it seems like for SMS it will send it to one person each time. Others seem to be having the same problem with the HTC One.

1. Open messaging app
2. Go into settings
3. MMS settings
4. Turn on group messaging

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one/270127-group-sms.html

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, i have already ensured all setting for group chat have been enabled. Unfortunately i haven't had any luck with getting group chat to work.

It seems as though some people have it work flawlessly and others have issues, like myself, and i can't find the common thread between them (whether it's carrier related or not).

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello eightdown

Its not the carriers as this is happening to people with every carriers & some have it working & some down on the same carrier. Have you tried contacting HTC to see maybe they can help more?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I will be contacting them next it seems.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello eightdown

Contact them & see what they say. It should work
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have something very similar happening with mine. I'll have the group message set as "group message" and not "individual message" but everyone in the group text only get blank messages from me. I get group messages just fine and can see them. If I attach media (picture) with the text then everyone gets the message. I know it has to do with the phone sending out a MMS instead of a SMS when it's just text. No idea how to fix it.