HTC Magic homescreen

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

HTC Magic homescreen

Hey, I've had my HTC Magic since it came out and I love it. Android is the best around. But recently (for the last few months actually) I've been experience issues where when I press the home button, the home screen would have to reload (it would show the htc logo then go to a now loading screen). This can be very annoying when you're doing time intensive tasks and just shouldn't be happening in general. Is there a fix to this? I want to avoid reseting it but if I must, what back up tool does rogers recommend?

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: HTC Magic homescreen

Hi Auouywonz,

From what I understand your device is freezing when you attempt to return to the home screen.

The steps I would recommend are to remove and re-insert the battery if you have not already tried that.

If the issue persists, you can perform a master reset of the device by going to the following*:

• From the Home screen, press the Menu button and select Settings
  • Select SD card & phone storage
  • Select Factory data reset
  • Select Reset phone
  • Select Erase everything
  •  

*Keep in mind this will erase everything off you device. In regards to backing up the device you can use the HTC Sync software which you can download here

Once you have the software installed and running, connect your device. You may need to go into the Notifications on your HTC and select HTC Sync to initiate the connection.

Highlighted
    I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC Magic homescreen

It's not freezing. It doesn't necessarily lock up... If I hold the home button I still get a list of open apps. What's happening is the home screen is crashing or just closing while I'm in other apps, so when I press the home button the home screen has to reload. 

I'm thinking resetting the firmware or installing the new firmware (2.X) should get this fixed, but I don't want to reset the 1.5 on it and lose everything only to find out the 2.1 or whichever is out a week or so later.

Is there a date I can expect to see 2.1 or whatever the next Firmware update will be?