cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Magic Bluetooth connects, but doesn't work

XopherTaylor
I've Been Here Awhile

I've been having a problem with the Bluetooth on my HTC Magic (running the current OS).

It connects to by my car and ear piece, but won't transmit audio. I can't hear anything and the person I'm talking to can't hear me.

I have similar problems when switching to speaker phone, which I've been trying to use while my Bluetooth doesn't work. The audio works if the phone is on vibrate, but that seems to be the only instance I can get the audio working.

Both of these issues are new developments and only started in the past month or so.

***edited labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: HTC Magic Bluetooth connects, but doesn't work

RogersJean
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi XopherTaylor,

If I understand correctly your audio only works when the device is in vibrate? Do you mean calls go through regularly, the other party hears you and you hear them?

If that is the case, it tells us the speaker/microphone themselves are not the issue but the device software is. If you have not tried to already, perform a battery pull. If it continues, you can either try to update your device (to 1.6) if you have not done so already or perform a master reset (This erases everything off your phone!):

1. From the Home screen, press the Menu button and select Settings
  2. Select SD card & phone storage
  3. Select Factory data reset
  4. Select Reset phone
  5. Select Erase everything
  6. The device will dump all of the data and reload