HTC Jetstream Tablet -- Need battery where do I get one!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

HTC Jetstream Tablet -- Need battery where do I get one!

I have  A HTC Jetstream Tablet and it sure not holding it's charge, and it will turn off by itself and very hot to the touch, believe I need a new battery where do I get one?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: HTC Jetstream Tablet -- Need battery where do I get one!

Hello Techsavy4568

You can Call HTC and see if they can replace the batter under the warranty if u have warranty still. You can also go to fle markets or any computer shop / cellphone shop to see if they can replace the battery and how much will it be.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well HTC comes with a non removable battery, and what it's doing right now is not taking charge via the charger for this device or the usb cord I could connect with the computer, as it's hot.  Very hot, and when it's hot, it doesn't charge or it may over heat.  When I get the darn thing to turn on after holding a blinking oranging light power button down for several seconds, it finally boots up and connect but yet it's very warm to the touch,  So it's over heating.   Have to wait til it cools down to try charging it agan.   But had it charged up last night and within 8 hrs it was dead again and needed recharging.   Very disappointed with this,  Just had it lest than a year and now this...not happy...doubt i'll be able to just buy a replacement battery.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you bought it new, and it is less than a year old, it will still be under manufactures warranty.

Contact htc. You may have to ship it in, etc, but it will be covered to be repaired.

I Plan to Stick Around

yes it's less than a year old, tried to go around to a rogers store here in my city unfortunately it's closed as i got there too late. Will try contacting HTC tomorrow regarding this issues. Now it's cooled down trying to charge it as that doesn't take if it's hot. So will see how that goes for now! Thanks! GD Kitty,
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Rogers may be able to process it for you.. and save you the shipping $$.

But may take longer. 

Good luck!

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers has nothing to do with the Tablet or the charger apparently, only has to do with the connecction (data flex rate plan) They told me to call HTC to get Charger so I did. That was last Saturday, waited all week as they are shipping me a new charger, still no charger has shown up as of yet. Will give them another week.