HTC EVO 3D wont update software??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

HTC EVO 3D wont update software??

I have tried for the past 3 days now to update my HTC EVO 3D software, now evrytime i go into settings, about phone, software updates, then click check now. It checks then says that there is an Application updates available, I click on ok and download the update. Then when it tries to install the update it  says:

'Unable to complete the installation'

An error occured while installing the software updates.

You may check for software updates again in settings, under About phone.

Does/has anyone have/had this problem and how can i fix this?

******* Edit labels ********

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: HTC EVO 3D wont update software??

If its a application update you need to update the application threw the Play Store ( aka Market store.)
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same problem and have been dealing directly with HTC, can't go through Rogers, they can't help with something like this... So far HTC hasn't been able to figure it out either, will let you know if we get it to work
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Have you both tried to reinstall the software on the phone? ( doing a factory reset). This might help it. Sometimes & this sounds like one of them it can be the software on the phone.

Try to to a factory reset & see what happens. Back up everything & then do it. If it still does it, Contact HTC & have them look at it. I know SmokingBryan said he has spoken to HTC about this issue & they can not find out what it is BUT the more people calling it about this issue, the more HTC might be able to find out what it can be.
I've Been Around

I am also interested in this solution.
I've Been Around

I am having the same problem...
I've Been Around

I have the same issues with software updates. Been trying fr over a month to update. This is getting ridiculous!!