HTC EVO 3D - ICS 4.0???

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

HTC EVO 3D - ICS 4.0???

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has news of when Rogers will be releasing an update to Android "Ice Cream Sandwich" 4.0 for the HTC EVO 3D... It was announced from HTC that the EVO 3D will be receiving the update (pending provider approval and other release qualifications) with an estimated June-July 2012 release. Haven't heard much since and I've been eagerly waiting! Hoping that no news is good news... Thanks!

***edited labels***

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: HTC EVO 3D - ICS 4.0???

EVO 3D ICS firmware has been released for international unlocked versions.

Rogers version should be...coming.....soonish....maybe.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You mean, it won't arrive before Christmas.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

An HTC tech rep has told me that rogers has the EVO 3d version of ics and it's up to rogers when they make the upgrade available. Talking to a Rogers customer service rep is frustrating cause I don't think they are being told any more than rogers customers are being told. That's rogers' idea of customer service?
Xmas might be right
Unlocking and installing the international unbranded version will get you ics and get rid of Rogers added crappy at the same time. Looking like the route I'll be taking.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Looks like the upadate is soon - as in now.

Just got the OTA update for ICS and am updating the phone right now!!!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

same here ,,, about time !!!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Although not going well, but in the process of disabling apps (like WidgetLocker) to stop it from rebooting, get volume to work, get the button lights to shut off, lol.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

so far so good here , update done and can't find anything wrong (yet)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Right now the update had rendered my phone next to useless, freezing, locking up, rebooting, numerous issues - has never been rooted.  Hopefully it it just something causing a conflict.  Working on removing added apps.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Looks like it was Smart Keyboard Pro - pulled that off, rebooted and seem to be fine now.