HTC 8x windows phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

HTC 8x windows phone

When sent a picture on text message (picture )to me on sms won't open says Get media content now.. also last time I tried to send a pic on test would not send

****Edit Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: HTC 8x windows phone

Hi @rweido,

Thanks for your feedback, as long as you are using a Rogers device and no recent changes on your plan it should work like before. I understand you don't have data on the plan so it sounds like you just need to make sure your data is enabled on the phone. To turn on data on your HTC Windows device, use the following steps below:

1. On the Start screen, slide to the left. 
2. Tap Settings > mobile network. 
3. Tap the Data connection On/Off switch.

Hope This Helps,
RogersArthur

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @rweido,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Community Forums!Smiley Happy

I understand you're receiving a "get media content now.." error message on your HTC Windows phone, when trying to send a picture message to yourself. When was the last time it worked? Do you have a data plan, if so have you checked to make sure your cellular data is enabled on the device and tested to make sure it's still working? I would suggest powering off/on the device and/or turning airplane mode on then off.

Do any of the following to turn Airplane mode on or off:

• Press and hold POWER, and then tap Airplane mode.
  • With two fingers, swipe down from the status bar to open the Quick Settings panel. Tap the Airplane mode tile to turn airplane mode on or off.

When enabled, this Airplane mode icon airplane.png is displayed in the status bar.

Let us know what happens,

RogersArthur

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

No change,,picture was sent to me by another person,,,I don't have or never have had data..it used to work not that I use it a lot

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @rweido,

Thanks for your feedback, as long as you are using a Rogers device and no recent changes on your plan it should work like before. I understand you don't have data on the plan so it sounds like you just need to make sure your data is enabled on the phone. To turn on data on your HTC Windows device, use the following steps below:

1. On the Start screen, slide to the left. 
2. Tap Settings > mobile network. 
3. Tap the Data connection On/Off switch.

Hope This Helps,
RogersArthur

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Seems to be working now. I guess I had thought since I don't have or pay for a data plan this should be turned off?

Hopefully this does not activate any kind of data plan and surprise costs

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Excellent! Smiley Happy

I'm happy your issue has been resolved, Thank you for updating the Community.

Great Job,
RogersArthur