HTC 8X -- Find My Phone/Allow Push Notifications missing from Settings?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

HTC 8X -- Find My Phone/Allow Push Notifications missing from Settings?

On the Windowsphone.com page where it shows my purchase history, it includes the instructions:

Before you reinstall apps, do the following on your phone:

• Connect to Wi-Fi
  • Go to Settings > Find My Phone and allow push notifications

On my HTC 8X when I go to Settings/Find My Phone, there's only an on-off switch.  There is no 'Allow Push Notifications'.

Anyone else seen this?

Also, the on-off switch for Find My Phone seems to be ineffective, since even if it's turned on, when I return to the Settings menu, it shows Find My Phone as off.  (seems to be working tho, since I was able to 'push' Speedtest.net app to my phone earlier today.

****Edited Labels****

/drt
Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC 8X -- Find My Phone/Allow Push Notifications missing from Settings?

The option is "Send apps to my phone using push notifications (not SMS)".

I Plan to Stick Around

As I said, and on my phone, I don't see that option available.  All I get is 'Use Find My Phone" and an on-off switch.

/drt
I Plan to Stick Around

Did a hard reset of my phone and voila!  it came back.  Weird....

BTW, I'm really liking the new backup and restore features under Wp8.... after the hard reset, it asked me for my Microsoft account, then proceeded to restore the phone pretty much back to the way it was.  Only had to reinstall a couple of apps it missed.  Pretty sweet.

/drt