HTC 8X Coming to Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

HTC 8X Coming to Rogers

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/09/19/rogers-announces-it-will-be-carrying-the-htc-8x-in-both-8gb-and-16...

Looks pretty nice imo. Good to have some news since Nokia hasn't mentioned anything about Canada yet.

HD screen, NFC, solid front and back camera, Beats audio, Gorilla Glass 2. 16GB of storage is a bit disapponting though.

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HTC 8X Coming to Rogers

@SCHUEY wrote:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/09/19/rogers-announces-it-will-be-carrying-the-htc-8x-in-both-8gb-and-16...

Looks pretty nice imo. Good to have some news since Nokia hasn't mentioned anything about Canada yet.

HD screen, NFC, solid front and back camera, Beats audio, Gorilla Glass 2. 16GB of storage is a bit disapponting though.

Yea, the 16gb is a little disappointing, but no different than what we've got on the L900, right?  I've owned a lot of HTC's previously, so I'm really looking forward to getting a hold of one of these.

/drt
I Plan to Stick Around

looks good. I watching the Nokia color fiasco and if I decide I can't wait this is a good option
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone heard anything about when the 8X is coming to Rogers? Depending on the colour situation I may also get an 8X instead (maybe with Bell.....). I'm wondering if it is LTE as well.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello SCHUEY

Rogers Redboard is the only place i heard some info on Oct 18th. Here is the link for more

http://redboard.rogers.com/tag/windows-phone-8x-by-htc/

Other then this, i have not heard any other news on it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

From the sounds of it it should have LTE.

Thanks.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think they'll risk launching it at a later date than the Lumia but that is just a hunch.

I agree, the choice in color alone is a good reason to consider this and 16 GB isn't too limiting for me personally but others may think differently. What absolutely baffles me though is that they have offered an 8 GB version - it just begs the question: why? People are already complaining with 16 GB so why offer them HALF? Sure it is $50 off but in this case, that is $50 well spent.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The HTC 8X 8GB model is now 0.01 cent on a 3 year term from Rogers. The 16GB model is $79.99 on a 3 yr term as well. I guess they could not keep up with the demand OR the Lumia 920 is out beating the HTC phone which they had to lower the price. Who knows but this info is great for ones that want the HTC 8X.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

i just got the HTC 8x .... not bad. Coming from iphone 4, htc incredible (best phone to date), and many others.

A few gotchya's

- speaker phone totally sucks ... very muffled. It's borderline unacceptable given that it's 2012 and 2002.

- No visual voice mail .... another kick in the face. Thanks rogers.

- Oh, and the $30 case they have for it is lousy too ... sharp edges and slipper. My 8X slips out of my hand like some slippery fish trying to jump back into the lake.

Anyway, i want visual voice for this phone ... seriously. Or discount my bill.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@anthonyc wrote:

i just got the HTC 8x .... not bad. Coming from iphone 4, htc incredible (best phone to date), and many others.

A few gotchya's

- speaker phone totally sucks ... very muffled. It's borderline unacceptable given that it's 2012 and 2002.

- No visual voice mail .... another kick in the face. Thanks rogers.

- Oh, and the $30 case they have for it is lousy too ... sharp edges and slipper. My 8X slips out of my hand like some slippery fish trying to jump back into the lake.

Anyway, i want visual voice for this phone ... seriously. Or discount my bill.

I don't think any of us on WP7 or 8 have Visual Voice Mail (yet).  We keep asking tho, and the phone is definitely capable of it.

/drt