cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP Rogers wireless internet does not connect when talking on Rogers Home Phone.

amchoy
I'm Here A Lot

I have a problem I hope someone can help.  I am using Rogers wireless internet, with the Hiltron modem, it works until I get a phone call on my Rogers Home phone and then I lose the internet connection until I am off the phone.  Is there a fix so that I can use the internet while talking on the phone? Please help.

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: HELP Rogers wireless internet does not connect when talking on Rogers Home Phone.

Frazzled
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Are you by any chance using a 2.4 GHz cordless phone in your home? I used to have this kind of problem as well (though not with the Hitron) and switching to a DECT 6.0 cordless phone solved the issue!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Re: HELP Rogers wireless internet does not connect when talking on Rogers Home Phone.

Frazzled
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Are you by any chance using a 2.4 GHz cordless phone in your home? I used to have this kind of problem as well (though not with the Hitron) and switching to a DECT 6.0 cordless phone solved the issue!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I think frazzled has it about 100% here likely. In the past I as well had this issue.

as he stated, the standard wireless router uses the 2.4ghz range. Some of the standard cordless phones use the same.

Is the wireless device anywhere near one of cordless phone bases? Or is the Hitron itself near one of these bases?

First option would be to move your cordless phone base away from this area and see if it stops.
Net thing would be to switch to a 5.8 or 6.0 phone as frazzled suggested.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
i concur, the 2.4 phones also overlapps the same 2.4 of the wifi band, try changing the band on your phone or moving it away farther

amchoy
I'm Here A Lot

thanks everyone for your help!

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation