HDTV Specialty Pack

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pac_west227
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: HDTV Specialty Pack

@ScottLang wrote:
pac_west227, this rep would have adivsed you incorrectly, and obviously didn' t notice there is a price difference between the 2 packages. Price for reg vip = 71.69, price for HD VIP = 81.74. The price difference is 10.05 (which is 9.95 for the HD Spec pack, plus the CRTC LPIF charge)

Thanx Scott, you're correct. I added the specialty HD pack that includes the 2 TSN HD channels. With my existing promo I get disc on both digital VIP and the specialty pack. Ends up being only $9 more on top of monthly bill. Only thing I'm missing are the time shifting HD channels in the HD digital VIP pack which I dont care to have (esp. with a PVR). End up saving $11+ taxes from going directly to HD digital VIP pack. 

pac_west227
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@IHR wrote:

Rogers is already facing one lawsuit for false advertising. How often do they have to deceive consumers in order to get them to sign on?

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/eng/03498.html

TBH, it's not just rogers. The article mentions rogers, bell, and telus. I recall all the crap I was getting when I was with bell landline back in the day. Since then, I dont trust them anymore. Surprising I havent had issues with rogers home fone since they came out. However, cable and internet is a different story, SMH. ***side eye***

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

No doubt at all - they are all a bunch of crooks!

Davedes
I'm Here A Lot

Re:HDTV Specialty Pack

I currently have the Digital VIP and the HD specialty package.  I've been thinking about scaling back to Digital+ and the HD specialty package.  Can that be done?   I don't want to give up the HD specialty pack as I'd lose the HD versions of many channels.

The Digital Plus pack is 13 dollars cheaper and has most of the channels I want.

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Re:HDTV Specialty Pack

Hello @Davedes 

The minimum requirement for the HDTV Specialty Pack is Digital Plus. Therefore, you will be able to add the HDTV Specialty Package with Digital Plus.

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

RogersAsif

websurferdude
I Plan to Stick Around

I chatted with 'Live Chat' tonight to cancel a $9.95 Specialty HDTV Package.  Due to having the Nextbox 3, the time-shifting option was no longer an issue since i can record 8 programs at a time.

I was told that the order to cancel would come into affect on the last day of my billing cycle due to the system not being able to process downgrades, yadda-yadda-yadda, due to the fact they bill one month in advance.

I phoned Rogers and another rep told me that what i was told was correct - that it would come off my bill the last day of the next billing cycle (Apr 30th)

What about the ruling from the CRTC about not having to give 30 days notice??  Does this not include changes/downgrades to services??

Does being on a contract have anything to do with this??

TIA.

RogersMaude

Good evening @websurferdude ,

Thank you for your post!

The removal of some options, or downgrade of services, are done at the end of your billing cycle. You were already billed ahead of time, for that feature, until the end of the current billing cycle. If your billing cycle is the 30th of each month, you will see that you got charged for the option in question, for the period starting on March 31st to April 30th, on your March 30th invoice. Therefore, you will keep the feature for the timeframe during which you have already been billed for. The removal of that product from your account, on your billing cycle date, will ensure that you are not charged for it on your next invoice

The procedure for the downgrade of services, at the end of the billing cycle, does not relate with the 30 day notice policy in regards to cancellations. This being said, the CRTC ruling would not apply in this case as you are simply modifying your actual services. Having a contract, or not, is also a factor that would not impact the outcome in this situation.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

websurferdude
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks 'RogersMaude' for your succinct, clear explanation (not to mention the quick response)

Much appreciated!