HDPVR reset its OS - deleting saved shows and schedules

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mysticowl
I've Been Here Awhile

HDPVR reset its OS - deleting saved shows and schedules

Now, I wasn't all that thrilled with the "upgraded" OS when it came out a couple of months ago, it was very laggy and slow. However, rebooting the PVR helped and I've gotten used to it.

Imagine my surprise, when I just realized that my PVR isn't recording a show, and it's supposed to. I turn my TV on - the PVR's OS has reset to the old one, deleting all of my saved shows and scheduled recordings.

What Rogers? This is "service"?

***Edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: HDPVR reset its OS - deleting saved shows and schedules

The deleting of the shows, when reseting to the old OS.. that is known and does happen.

The main problem here is.. WHY it was reverted.
It should not have been reverted, unless you had ased for it.

Did you call in at any point, shortly before the reset happened (within a day or so?)... possibly the CSR miss understood and set up the order for it to be reverted.

mysticowl
I've Been Here Awhile

Nope, I haven't been in touch with Rogers for months.

I've now gotten a hold of support on Twitter, let's see if they can figure it out for me.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If they can not.. worse case if you do call in, they should have a record, i would hope.. as to WHY the order to roll it back was in there (who ordered it, etc).

THey should be able to push the new guide back out to you again, if you so wanted it.

Unfortunately anything saved, it GONE gone now.