HDMI switch with nextbox 3.0, PS3, tv, Xbox and wiiu

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

HDMI switch with nextbox 3.0, PS3, tv, Xbox and wiiu

How can I install HDMI switch to nextbox 3.0, PS3, tv, Xbox and wiiu via cables?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: HDMI switch with nextbox 3.0, PS3, tv, Xbox and wiiu

Sorry for confusing the steps:
The right steps: plug HDMI output cable from tv to HDMI auto switch; plug HDMI input cable from nextbox to HDMI input auto switch, plug HDMI input cable from PS3 to HDMI auto switch, plug HDMI input cable from wiiu to HDMI switch, plug HDMI input cable from Xbox to HDMI switch. All successful work !!!
Thanks !!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the forums @Gailmccarthy Smiley Happy

HDMI switches should be pretty straight forward. You should have a few inputs and an output. You would plug the hdmi cables from the devices into the inputs of the hdmi switch, then have an hdmi cable from the output slot of the hdmi switch to your TV. Did you try this out? Not an expert when it comes to HDMI switches but maybe our residents experts may able to provide you with some more information.

@RogersShaun should be plug and play right?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Steps:
Plug HDMI input cable from nextbox to output hdmi switch
Plug HDMI input cable from tv to input HDMI switch
Plug HDMI input cable from PS3 to input HDMI switch
Am I right?
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Gailmccarthy:

I'm confused about your post. Is your goal to connect all your output devices to your TV? If so, the TV has to be the output device and your Nextbox, PS3 etc. are input devices to the HDMI switch.

Highlighted

@Gailmccarthy @jimboden 

Yes, that sounds right!

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

RogersShaun:

We can't both be right. Smiley Wink

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I agree with jimboden. I don't know why the OP needs an HDMI unless he has more devices than his TV has HDMI inputs. The NB3 HDMI is an output and goes to one of the TVs HDMI inputs. Same for the other devices. If there are more devices and no more TV inputs, then you's use a switch as suggested in the first and second replies.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Well i would think the most common use for HDMI switches is for when someone has more devices than hdmi inputs on thier tv. Im guessing the OP is in this situation.

Also @Gailmccarthy your steps sound wrong

Steps:

Nextbox output to HDMI switch input

PS3 output to HDMI switch input

Xbox output to HDMI switch input

Wii U output to HDMI switch input

Finally - HDMI switch ouput to TV HDMI Input

Did you end up getting it working?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If the TV has more than 1 HDMI input, I would suggest using one of them as a dedicated Nextbox input.  I have an 8 years old Panasonic TV with only 2 HDMI inputs and I recently got a Monoprice 4 input HDMI switch.  I have my Nextbox in 1 dedicated HDMI input on the TV and the HDMI switch output into the other HDMI input on the TV . I have a Blu-Ray player, an Xbox and a Chromecast stick into 3 of the switch's inputs. It works very well. Since the majority of time I am using the Nextbox to watch TV, I don't want the trouble of switching the HDMI switch on/off  and input number  each time.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Sorry for confusing the steps:
The right steps: plug HDMI output cable from tv to HDMI auto switch; plug HDMI input cable from nextbox to HDMI input auto switch, plug HDMI input cable from PS3 to HDMI auto switch, plug HDMI input cable from wiiu to HDMI switch, plug HDMI input cable from Xbox to HDMI switch. All successful work !!!
Thanks !!

View solution in original post