HDMI shuts down 8642

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

HDMI shuts down 8642

I recently received a message on the screen of my TV that said no longer "HDCP compatible", a few minutes later the Explorer 8642 HDPVR started clicking and went into a repeating reboot cycle.

Disconnected the HDMI cable and tried another HDMI cable, samething happened. When I use the HD RCA cables "red green blue" everything works fine. Video out "yellow" works as well even cable out works, it's only when I connect the HDMI cable the box goes crazy.

Anyone else had this happen and what was the resolution??

Thanks

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: HDMI shuts down 8642

I am using a $15 HDMI from walmart & i am not having any issues like this. 2 nights ago i had the box reboot on its own but while it was turned off.

Are you sure the HDMI is not damage in anyway in which could have caused this? Also If you are having this issue night, i suggest taking the box to your local Rogers plus store & have them give you another 8642 HDPVR box & you give them yours.

IF anyone else has had this & has a better solution please say it Smiley Happy.
I'm Here A Lot

I've actually discarded the HDMI cable thinking it was the problem and bought a new one, no joy.  I guess I have to call them and take it in.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

It might just be the box. I read somewhere a week ago that when the HDMI cord they had stopped working on the Rogers box & worked on the PS3, they got another box from Rogers & the cord worked fine.
I'm Here A Lot

Yup the same cable works for the PS3 & the BlueRay just fine. Yup will call for a replacement HDPVR. Thanks for the quick reply. :-)
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You are welcome Smiley Happy.
I'm Here A Lot

Had the box exchanged today and hooked up the HDMI cable, it's works great. :-)
I Plan to Stick Around

ive replaced mine 2 times in a month first one in 2 days now looks like#3 get use to returning them its habitual.