HDMI problems

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

HDMI problems

Hi

I recently hooked up an hdmi cable, the non HD channels work fine, but there is flickering to a black screen every few seconds on all HD channels...  I've tried changing the format to fixed, auto hdmi, and so forth, nothing seems to help with the HD channels.  I've also exchanged my rogers box, and checked if there was a problem with the cable itself.  The flickering doesn't seem to happen when set to the 480i format, but as soon as i try 1080i, it does the flickering.  My tv supports a 1080i format, so i'm not sure what the issue could be. 

Any other suggestions? 

Please and Thank you. 

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: HDMI problems

Hasd to replace my old pvr due to power unit failure .. now my HD signal drops every 5-10 min..  Does anyone have issues with connectivity via HDMI cables ???  

I Plan to Stick Around

Under general settings when I switch  picture format to   " Fixed" from DVI/HDMI auto the issues stops  

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi.

It could be the signals are not strong enough (do you live in an apartment building?) .

Since you've already tried a different cable box, perhaps you should call Rogers for a Service Guy to come to your home and check the connections/signals.

Also check the cables  are connected snuggly ...

I'm a Senior Advisor

How did you test the cables? The cable might be damaged or something and not able to pass data fast enough for 1080i but can handle the 480p just fine.
I'm Here A Lot

I'm having a problem with my HDMI connection as well. It works fine 99% of the time, but once in a while, the screen will go blank all of a sudden and the TV will go into signal detection mode, as if it lost the signal. Then it reacquires the signal a few seconds later.

Does that sound like a problem with the HDMI cable itself or is the cable box cutting out the HDMI signal intermittently?

I Plan to Stick Around

IroncladMerc, I had a similar problem a few months ago. In my case the HDMI cable was making a poor connection at my TV. I discovered this by gently wiggling the cable connector at the TV. I changed the cable to one with a tighter fit and also used a Ty-wrap to secure the cable better. If you Google "loose HDMI connectors" you should find some info. The HDMI connector is a poor design.