HDMI CEC 9865HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

HDMI CEC 9865HD

Anyone here from Rogers or someone to know how to disable the HDMI CEC on this 9865HD. My issue is that I have a Panasonic 55VT50 that is a Smart TV and has ARC ( Audio Return Channel) when I got my Rogers 9865HD I noticed my ARC stopped working and thought maybe this was due to a bad HDMI or issue with my AV reciever or TV.

Well since then I've tried 4 different sets of HDMI's, a new AV reciever and had a Panasonic tech replace my main board in the TV all to the system still not working like it used to. By chance I was reading and noticed some people having issues with the HDMI CEC not being controlled properly. 

I then disconnected the Rogers 9865HD and right away all worked perfect again. have tried connecting again and same issue. I had even reset the TV and AV reciever thinking that might be the issue. 

So this wondeful new box that is faster has created a even bigger problem for people. Any fix anyone knows about??

Thanks in advance 

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: HDMI CEC 9865HD

There's no fix.  You need to disable CEC on your components to get stuff to work together.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately lurker is right.  Even though the box is suposed to support it.. HDMI CEC is not working Smiley Sad

You would need to disable it on the AVR/TV to correct anything.  Which obviously will remove the feature from working when switching to other components.

Would then require you to switch inputs manually via your AVR.

(doesnt really effect me, as i have the feature turned off on my AVR as my HTPC thats into it which is always on.. would keep grabing it randomly Smiley Tongue)

I have put a think in the Ideabox about making a 'bug report forum' type thing.
The BIG problem with problems like this on the hardware.. it takes FOREVER for them to even get acknoledged that they are a problem.

Something like that may help in getting them noticed QUICKER. 
Feel free to like/comment on that post, to help get it some attention, and maybe they can implement something.

I'm an Advisor

The irony of this problem is that CEC and ARC seem to work on all the older boxes, then they introduce a new one where they don't. My 9 year old 8300HD PVR works perfectly with it. I had an NB 3 for a while and, of course, found out it doesn't work.

I Plan to Stick Around

That's a shame but not surprising of Rogers. Having the issue is a pain for someone with a smart tv and newer AVR because it switches all automatically and having to not run a optical cable.

It's been awhile now since this box has come out and would think they'd address a issue like that sooner.
I'm an Advisor

AccordXTC:

Yes, you would think they'd have addressed it by now.Some posters on this forum who have reported it to Rogers claim that Rogers always wants to blame something else, like your AVR or TV, not the NB 3, which is where the real problem lies. I also have a smart TV and was using optical to my AVR because ARC wasn't working with the NB 3. It works great with my old 8300, though.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a contact for the office of the President and someone from their tier 2 support who I sent a email and will call tomorrow. If anything disable HDMI CEC for the box till it's fixed so we don't have these problems I say.

It's funny you know if they didn't use their own software and one that Cisco everything would work great lol
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@AccordXTC wrote:

It's funny you know if they didn't use their own software and one that Cisco everything would work great lol

Generally i would agree on this.. at least on the PREVIOUS boxes, etc..

The documentation on this box, doesnt really have any specifics for its own built in guide, etc stuff (like how the others have the SARA, etc).. a box cisco one may not exist for it.. and may be solely MSO interface.
BUT.. the hardware supports it.. so its obviously the software that is at fault.

I've Been Around

This is unacceptable. CEC is in the HDMI standard. If this breaks CEC it's non compliant, and should not be able to say HDMI compatible. This and the fact that the new "ultimate" internet is still 150 down 10 up in most places is making me consider returning these boxes and canceling my first day using this. My bell fibe tv box didn't break CEC. I need it on to control my ps3 from my tv remote. This is unacceptable and needs to be fixed, or a timeline for a fix posted or I'm canceling on Friday.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ftwhiterabbit

This is a user to user base forum. Sadly you won't get a timeline or anything before Friday as this is something they won't say to the public. They will most likely fix it on another update at some point or leave it like that.