HD channels broadcasting picture larger than TV screen?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMB
I've Been Here Awhile

HD channels broadcasting picture larger than TV screen?

All of my HD channels are coming through larger than the screen, so cut off all around but they show up properly on regular digital.  For example, Food Network on 597 is too big and on 258 the picture is fine.  I've checked my ratio settings and the TV is set to "set by program".  I tried changing it to 16:9 but it didn't change the picture.  Is this happening to anyone else?  Do you know how to fix it?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: HD channels broadcasting picture larger than TV screen?

Thats great that you checked the TVs aspect ratio mode,  however you should also check the cable box's aspect ratio too, you can do this by pressing # when the remote is in Cable mode. it will adjust to normal, stretch and zoom.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats great that you checked the TVs aspect ratio mode,  however you should also check the cable box's aspect ratio too, you can do this by pressing # when the remote is in Cable mode. it will adjust to normal, stretch and zoom.

View solution in original post

DMB
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you.  I learned something new today!  It was set at zoom and I've put it back to normal. 

sandra_gaiotto
I've Been Around

Awesome! Had no idea this # would do the trick! Need to pay more attention and not play with my remote control while sleepy! 😃 Thanks!