HBO Canada??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

HBO Canada??

Is it possible to get HBO Canada, but just as a single channel? I hate these packages Rogers always offers. I just want to buy what I want, not what Rogers is selling. I don't want to go toa $115 per month "package" to get HBO....

Rich 

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: HBO Canada??

At this time hbo is only in a package.
Maybe after all the crtc stuff goes through we may see it being able to be seperate.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

I guess it depends on how much you like HBO series. HBO is included with the TMN package for $16.95/month, I believe. You can also get all the content on ROD for free, if you're a subscriber. Personally, I would love it if I only got the TMN package and nothing else. I'm paying for a ridiculour number of channels in the VIP package, and I rarely watch any more than about 10 max.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

you can try talking to the loyalty department...they customized a package for me.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The price for HBO is going up $3.00 to $19.95 per month as of August 24th 2016.  Due to the postal dispute the rate increase will not take effect until 30 days after you get the letter at your address.  If you don't get the letter (lost) how do they know when to start the 30 days?? 

Where do you find these "loyalty" people?   I'd like to create my own package too.  

The original question still remains unanswered. Why can't you buy the HBO channel or get the HBO on demand channel and pay as you go for each movie?  Time to consider Netflix I guess.  

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User14 wrote:

The price for HBO is going up $3.00 to $19.95 per month as of August 24th 2016.  Due to the postal dispute the rate increase will not take effect until 30 days after you get the letter at your address.  If you don't get the letter (lost) how do they know when to start the 30 days?? 

1. Where do you find these "loyalty" people?   I'd like to create my own package too.  

2. The original question still remains unanswered. Why can't you buy the HBO channel or get the HBO on demand channel and pay as you go for each movie?  Time to consider Netflix I guess.  

1. You need to be willing to discuss leaving Rogers to talk to loyalty people (often called retentions).

2.  HBO is only available with the TMN package. It's the way it was negotiated in Canada and (HBO) is not available stand-alone (or PAYGo) from any service provider in Canada.

As for the postage comment, I'm not sure, but there is still postal service, so I guess they assume a certain time must pass after they mail it.  Also, that information is usually available as part of your bill, which is your responsibility to download, read, and pay if you don't get it by mail.  "Lost" mail is not an excuse in this digital age.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the info.

I just checked Comcast in the US for Messena, NY.   HBO® on XFINITY® TV from Comcast | On Demand

"Get HBO today! Packages start at $10/month"

Makes you wonder why we have to pay such high rates.  I guess we have to get free trade between the provinces first before we can get services from the US. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

HBO Canada Preview on Rogers

FYI - the mailer says - "Watch some of the hottest shows from HBO Canada FREE on Rogers On Demand" - which requires you to sign up for HBO to view for 'free'. And if you forget to call by the end of the promotion (March 31) you will be charged. 

That's some nice bait.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

When I try to access HBO Canada on Rogers on demand it won't allow me to watch any of the programs because I'm not a subscriber. The free preview was supposed to start February 21,2017

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Not available here either.