Guide says I am recording a show, but PVR red light does not appear (Cisco PVR)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Guide says I am recording a show, but PVR red light does not appear (Cisco PVR)

The 8300 model only goes up to 500g I think. The 8642 I think can do up to 1g.

After install when it communicates with Rogers it will auto pull down the software on its own.

I'm a Regular

Re: Guide says I am recording a show, but PVR red light does not appear (Cisco PVR)

Okay thanks this is really informative. And any hard drive will do? I have built my own computers before so I assume I will be able to do this no problem, with the help of some online guides.

I assume if I put a 4 TB HD then it will just be read as 1 TB?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Garyking

I suggest putting a 500G or 1TB drive. No higher then that as it may cause issues.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, i wouldnt put in anything physicaly more than what is sugested.. it may cause issues.

Which exact model of box do you have?

The 8300 uses a IDE hard drive.  They are a little more harder to find.
DONT use a SATA to IDE adapter.. as they have been prone to issues in these boxes from what i have read.

The 8642 uses a SATA hard drive.

With any of them.. try and choose a REGULAR model one... a 7200RPM faster one will speed up performance... try not to choose a 'green' drive.  they tend to spin down alot ot save power, etc.. but could really impeed performance.

I'm a Regular

I have a 8642 model. So this this will do? http://www.amzn.com/B0088PUEPK

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, a WD blue or black drive,should be fine.

I'm an Advisor

GaryKing:

One potential issue to be aware of is what's required to open your PVR's case. Yours may be different, but the old 8300 requires a Torx 10 security bit/screw driver to remove the screws.

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation