Guide not loading

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Guide not loading

I am in New Brunswick and my guide shows no data past Wednesday at 4:30 pm. I want to schedule my PVR shows for the week. This is the third  time in a month the guide has not loaded. Each time I call Rogers tech support I am told to unplug my boxes for 10 seconds- which did not work and subsequent calls it has been realized it is a systemic problem in New Brunwick and the engineers are working on solution. The previous  two times the guide was loaded the day showing no data. 

Is anyone else in New Brunswick ( or elsewhere) experiencing this problem

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Guide not loading

I presume your guide normally shows 6 days ahead, just like it does in Ontario. Does look like a Rogers problem. I don't know what kind of PVR you have, but can you schedule a manual recording if you know the time, channel and date?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am having the same problem here in Ottawa. The guide is not loading for Friday the 6th Feb. It keeps saying "No Data Available". I have unplugged the machine but still no luck. Rogers are looking into it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I am not aware of the process to record manually.  In New Brunswick we have the Nextbox 2 only.

Since my previous post, the same thing with the guide not loading into the 7th day in advance has happened 4 more times , as recently as this week.  I have two Nextbox 2 PVR's both recently installed and swapped out in the past 3 months and both have the same problem.

When I call, I get the usual powercycle advice, then when that does not work eventually I call back and others have called in "from my area" but when I ask, they never tell me what the area is exactly, but a home visit from a tech to look into my problem as they could not resolve it over the phone indicated, he lived  in the same city but had no such problems and of course, he checked connections and wiring but he had no solution for the Guide not loading- it was an engineering problem.

Called back, by this time, as per usual problem, they finally had  more calls from my area and it was being elevated  to the engineers, again. Over the  course of the several times I have called tech support as the guide is not loading and is getting close to the actual broadcast day, I have received responses that it was just a problem in  this city, Fredericton only, another was certain locations in Fredericton, another was Fredericton and Moncton, another was all over Canada. I even received a call from Rogers one night after the case had been elevated tot he Engineers asking me if the guide had been loaded- they just sent a fix through- it had not loaded and the person said I will have to tell the Engineers the fix did not  work. Ittook 12-24 hours for that fix to come thorugh.

Is there anyway of speaking to someone other than the frontline tech pepole who can only elevate this to the Engineers and the fix is obvioulsy not permanent. The tech I spoke to this week said they know Shomi and the On Demand service is having intermittent problems in "my area" since late December, so this must be part of the two conection problem. How or who do we talk to elevate this issue to someone other than the frontline people and find out what the problem is, what they are doing about it and when we can expect a fix. Three months of continuous problems is far longer than customers  should have to put with.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I had a previous post about the Guide not loading and having tech support advise power cycling etc. with no results. On calling back as the day of the guide with no data was closing in on the date of my call, the the phone tech  said they would send a tech for a home visit. The home visit made, the tech said his guide was fine, (he lives in Fredericton New Brunswick as well) and after checking connections and the lke said there was nothing he could do it was an engineering problem. When I called back, I was told they had received other calls and Engineering was working on it. It was finally resolved the day I ran out of data on the guide. 

It has happened 4 times since (in less than two months) and each time, if I am the first to call or the tech is unaware there is a problem elsewhere, I get the powercycle advice and eventually it gets elevated to engineering. One occasion, I received a call from Rogers in the evening asking me to check my guide as the engineers had pushed a fix through- it did nto fix things, so the person on the phone said he would go back to the engineers.

This week,when I called again, the frontline tech reported he knew there were problems with Shomi and On Demand in "my area" since late December but he could not define "my area" so in his opinion it must be connected to an issue with the "two way connection".So the problem just goes on since late December.

Off to Engineering for the fourth or fifth time in two months.

Does anybody have any suggestions how to conncect with someone in Rogers who can see the big picture and has authority to initiate a proper plan to fix this issue.

In the Maritimes, we have substandard equipment and infrastructure- we have Nextbox 2 only- whole home pvr is based on the MX700 digital receiver that is old and and  eveentually I  had to give up on- in fact, ,I had two occassions where the phone tech was not familiar with the MX 700 as it is not used in Ontario and that is where my call went to.

Is anyone else from New Brunswick experiencing like issues and what do we do about it. I suppose there is always the mighty Bell conglomerate with fibreop.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@wmacd, the guide should be updating if you have a good 2-way connection and good signal. From what you say here and previously, that fact that others "in your area" have the same problem leads me to believe the problem is outside your residence, in the cable network.

Generally, reaching out to Rogers via the Facebook or Twitter links at the bottom of the screen gets results, but seeing as you're in NB and have different hardware than Ontario makes your situation more unique. It does look like Rogers in your area does know about the problem and are working on it. All you can do is keep calling and encouraging them.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I had my Cable account on Vacation mode for 4 months and I was restored on Sunday. Prior to Vacation mode I could get cprogram listings with the remote GUIDE button. Since returning I cannot get ANY information when I use the GUIDE button. How can I get,this resolved?

***edited labels***

Guide not working after Vacation Suspension

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It may have not gone through a guide update since your account has gone live.

you could try and reboot the box, if you have not yet.  This may force it to do an update.

If not, i beleive Tues are one of the main days it does an update, so might do it overnight tonight.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the Community @kjcbjc Smiley Happy

Sometimes it may take 24-48 hours after the reconnection for the Box's features to kick in(search, guide etc).

Are you getting any sort of message such as "no data available"? If so, please try rebooting the box.

If the guide isn't even popping up, could you ensure the "CBL" button is pressed on the remote.

Let us know the outcome!

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Beginning Thursday, February 4, there are large windows of time for which there is no specific program information. I realize from prior experience that there is not really anything to be done until you receive the information from the broadcaster, but I wanted to bring this to your attention nonetheless.

***Edited Labels***