Guide information quality?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sswilson
I Plan to Stick Around

Guide information quality?

How do we as customers convince Rogers to invest in a slightly better programming information service? The quality of content descriptions has been dropping over the last few years but now it's gotten to the point that it's almost insulting.

Today's guide described Never Say Never Again as "A spy stops a bad guy". Might as well say... "Non animated human actors perform a screenplay".

I don't expect a 3 page essay on the subject matter, but that's absolutely ridiculous.

***Edited labels***

SpeedyC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Guide information quality?

I discovered the Guide listings appear to be the same as the "TV Guide" online listings...
challenged
I Plan to Stick Around

I too am appalled at the quality of the program information. It has never been good, but it seems to have got a lot worse since Rogers introduced the "improved" guide. Now, the main actors' names are hardly ever mentioned and many of the descriptions are either banal or positively uninformative.

Cactus73
I'm Here A Lot

Over the last couple of years, I've been increasingly annoyed at the quality of the information provided in the DVR Guide. I'm sure Rogers will try to pass any complaints or quality issues on to some other source, but since I'm paying Rogers to provide shows and the guide that helps me find them, I hold Rogers ultimately responsible for the degenerating Guide information.

Not everyone wants to try and watch shows online even though that seems to be the way the industry is trying to push us. I sent the following feedback email earlier; I doubt it will do any good but if the current trend continues, soon all the guide will say is "CBC Programming" or "CBS Programming". There's a good deal of regional disparity in Rogers services as well, perhaps this isn't as much of a problem in Ontario.

"This is a general complaint about the quality of the DVR Guide information I've been receiving over the last couple of years. As the service provider, I hold Rogers responsible for the quality of the DVR Guide information regardless of where it's sourced.

Generally, there's been a change in the data provided from just a summary of the program content to unwarranted critiques of the programming. In addition, the generic program summary is provided far too often instead of actual episode information.

My latest concern is the trend towards providing no information whatsoever. Every Saturday night, all the content on ABC is listed as Paid Programming, even though online guides provide specific show information. For more than a month, the information provided by the Info button for each show was misaligned with the shows on weekdays, although this has apparently been mostly resolved.

Today I noticed that the programming information for the DXD channel for the next week is just "DXD Canada Programming", all the time. Checking an online guide, shows are listed normally. I don't know why you think this is acceptable. The DVR Guide information is a critical component and over the last couple of years, it's been shoddy, incomplete and generally poorly provided. Rogers has a certain reputation for treating it's customers a certain way, and this type of thing falls squarely in line with that. I suggest you put a greater focus on providing accurate information on the shows I'm paying you to provide so I don't have to hunt around online for information or guess constantly whether a show is new, old or even on"

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Most people around here would tend to agree with you.

However,,if you're looking to complain to Rogers, this isn't the place.  Its a user to user forum and, as such, there's nothing we can do about it.

Rogers Facebook account is a good place to post this type of complaint.  At least an honest-to-goodness Rogers employee will see it.